Greetings from the Forge!

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Greetings from the Forge!

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:57 am

I'm gonna vote B so I can see what a rat/lizard hybrid looks like after the marriage.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:32 am

⚔️🔥The time has finally come, and your all new "DECIDE YOUR DOOM" adventure starts today! Read below and vote in the comments to decide which direction the story will take! Voting for each segment closes at noon (EST) on the following day! Voting will take place across facebook, instagram, and our website forum! We hope you like it! 🔥⚔️

The Story:

"Chip! Chipndale Amadeus Ratzburger Jr.! Get up your going to be late for sewer patrol duty."

You sigh loudly as your mother beckons you out of the comfort of your bed. It's only the first time she has called you, so you figure you have at least two more nags before she comes and drags you out by the tail.

Before she has a chance to hound you again you're suddenly thrown across the room. As you hit the floor in surprise you chuckle and realize it's none other than your pet the two headed crocodile, Crocodillon and Crocodelilah. They pant and run over to you, both of their massive heads take turns licking your face.

"Alright, I'm up! I'm up!" You push the enthusiastic twins back and splash some sewage water in your face to freshen up. You head downstairs to find your father sitting at the table with an array of breakfast treats you only have on special occasions; a crust of moldy bread, apple cores, and fish heads.

"Are you ready for your first day of sewer patrol son? You'll be protecting our people from the lizard folk," your dad says with a hearty clap on your back.
"Someone has to protect the city from those horrid disgusting lizard folk, and honor our treaty with the humans."

"I guess dad...but I just don't see the point, the humans look down on us," you reply sullenly.

Suddenly angry your father shouts at you. "How dare you disrespect the treaty! There wouldn't be food on this table if it wasn't for the humans. Its our duty to protect their city or we will have nothing to show for ourselves and we will starve and die." Your mother places a calming hand on his shoulder and walks over to you.

"Be careful Chip, lizard men have been doing raiding so make us proud but don't go putting yourself in unnecessary danger." She helps you put on your breastplate, and scuffles behind your ears.

Reluctantly you head to the sewer headquarters where you are met by a rat two times your size with an eye patch and a peg leg.

"You there lad, ya here for the trainin'?" He booms.

"Uhh yes!" You hastily exclaim.

"It's yes sir ta ya, ya rotten son of a brie! It's dangerous ta go alone take this." He tosses you a rusty sword and shoves you toward the tunnel. "If you see any lizard folk, don't go askin' no questions, just take 'em out. Each head ya bring gets you off duty an hour earlier." He winks at you...at least you think he does. It is hard to tell with his eyepatch.

Heading to the southern tunnel you find yourself depressed by your situation, and hoping that the day will pass without running into any of the lizard folk. You don't think taking a life is worth going home early, and you aren't sure you could even do it given the chance.

In a bored haze you are beginning to doze off, when suddenly you hear a faint whisper coming from the darkened tunnel ahead.

"Psst, hey you, yes you warm blood!"
A you lizard girl appears from the darkness in front of you, and you raise your sword suddenly terrified. "Calm down fuzzy face I'm not here to hurt you. I need your help." You look into her yellow slit eyes and you see something there. She is sincere, and you decide to hear her out.

"My people are almost extinct, and I am doing this to save both our clans. The humans have been deceiving you for years. Please just come talk to my father the chief. He can explain better and show you proof of the human's evil intentions toward all of us."
What will you do?

⚔️Vote A for: We have a treaty with humans I shouldn't disrespect that, decline her offer, and fight her
😍Vote B for: She's really cute I'm going to flirt with her, and see what else I can find out
🐊Vote C for: I want to speak with the chief, and follow her into the tunnels
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:06 am

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:30 pm
This shot is a throwback to when we did our first video shoot for our Castles Kickstarter. It seems like it was yesterday!
Loved the Castles KS could see the potential in that one as it was unveiled and really pleased with the results.

Do like that Volcano Rise over the castle very ominous!

Not tried Critical Role, though aware of its existence and use of DF. Really must find time to watch some in between painting videos.
I am the Game and I want to Play

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Yes indeed, loving the new season and new characters. It's been interesting to see how they use Dwarven Forge to build out encounters on a streaming game. There's a lot of built in surprise to the combat encounters because they're hidden until use. Very cool stuff.

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Here is a picture for today. Geek & Sundry tagged us in a photo! Do any of you guys watch Critical Role?
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:28 pm

The CYOA from FB was a blast; can't wait!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Animewarped
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Animewarped » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Mental time travel: If Castles were yesterday, then DoD should be here tomorrow :shock:
Soo glad the wait is over :lol:

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:30 pm

We are really glad that you guys liked the silly cards we made, and that you noticed a the little details! I hope they gave you advantage on your romance checks. Me and Erin have been working on an activity for on here that we will start next week. It is going to be another "Choose your own Adventure" type story. Here is a picture for today!
This shot is a throwback to when we did our first video shoot for our Castles Kickstarter. It seems like it was yesterday!
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Magniopi wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:49 pm
Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm
LOL

Not too many folk would appreciate being reminded that they don't have high charisna.

:lol: ;)
I sent that one to my wife. :)
Careful, there is a KS coming up - you need her on your side!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm
LOL

Not too many folk would appreciate being reminded that they don't have high charisna.

:lol: ;)
I sent that one to my wife. :)