Greetings from the Forge!

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Re: Greetings from the Forge!

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:36 am

🔥⚔️Now for Part 2 of Decide your Doom!⚔️🔥
"I will go with you to talk to your chief,” you state.
"Alright let’s go, we must hurry!"
She blows her horn and takes off at a sprint toward the southern tunnel. You struggle to keep up with her as she runs down the dark and winding tunnels. You try to keep track of the turns, but you quickly become disoriented.

You hear running water, and in the distance you see her pause and wave towards you signaling you to hurry. A moment later she jumps off the sewer platform and is immediately whisked away by a rapid waterfall.

Shocked, you run up to the edge to see if she is ok. Once there you peak tentatively over the edge, careful to maintain your footing on the slimy stone. You can see that the waterfall feeds into a large lake leading to a cavern beyond. You can’t see the back wall of it, but you can see the lizard girl slip into the water below, and climb up the stony bank on the far side. She signals for you to join her and you dive off crashing into the lake.

When you surface from the water you hear slurping and crunching noises coming from up the bank. A metallic smell hits your nostrils, and you notice a dark red liquid streaming down the stones and onto the surface of the water. The lizard girl is up the bank hiding behind a large stone. She looks back at you wide-eyed and frantically motions for you to be quiet.

An animal carcass lays on the shoreline. It is surrounded by snarling and ravenous Lizardfolk feasting on the corpse. They haven’t noticed you, and you’re grateful to the crashing waterfall for masking the noise you made entering the water. Just beyond the lizardfolk is a cloaked motionless figure just observing the carnage. She gestures for you to swim with her to behind the waterfall. You follow her and find yourself in a hidden cave.

“We need to sneak past them, and I’ll explain everything,” she pleads. “I know it looks bad, but we haven’t much time.”

💡Vote A to interrogate her for answers
⚔️Vote B to fight her
🐀Vote C to help her plan a distraction and sneak past
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:34 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:07 am
Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:38 am
I wont talk about the floating drawbridge but maybe about the post on the corner of the castle with the deep blue gemstone/led close to the fountain, is that new? looks new or something we missed.
We will have to stop sacrificing the bakers, because there aren't any left and everyone else is too afraid to enter the profession. The bread riots are starting, and the king has been deposed. The piece you are referring to is a Runic LED insert from Castles. It was sculpted by Lady Sabelle.
Talistran wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
I wont talk about the floating drawbridge but maybe about the post on the corner of the castle with the deep blue gemstone/led close to the fountain, is that new? looks new or something we missed.
Looks like the LED corner post with the LED ward from the LED elements pack from KS4.
Thanks for your help :)

So we saved the image and zoomed in then scoured the Web shop and the Castles KS pages and we believe it is a LED Wall Orb (scupt in progress) which was part of the KSIV Runic Theme mega Pack mounted on a LED Pillar.

https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... -mega-pack

So no wonder we could not work out what it was :lol:
nice to see the finished sculpt, looks really striking - nice job :)

In other news.

How does one become King and will there be any storming of Valorian jails?
Or in the land of no bread is the one armed baker King?
Yes that is the piece, we will be updating the graphics for these things when we finally update the site.
A mad one armed baker king sounds like a great story!
Option C won the Decide your Doom Story, will be posting the next part soon!
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:07 am

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
We will have to stop sacrificing the bakers, because there aren't any left and everyone else is too afraid to enter the profession. The bread riots are starting, and the king has been deposed. The piece you are referring to is a Runic LED insert from Castles. It was sculpted by Lady Sabelle.
Talistran wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Looks like the LED corner post with the LED ward from the LED elements pack from KS4.
Thanks for your help :)

So we saved the image and zoomed in then scoured the Web shop and the Castles KS pages and we believe it is a LED Wall Orb (scupt in progress) which was part of the KSIV Runic Theme mega Pack mounted on a LED Pillar.

https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... -mega-pack

So no wonder we could not work out what it was :lol:
nice to see the finished sculpt, looks really striking - nice job :)

In other news.

How does one become King and will there be any storming of Valorian jails?
Or in the land of no bread is the one armed baker King?
I am the Game and I want to Play

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:17 pm

Awesome! Thanks!

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
kitenerd wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:14 pm
what - no ice caverns?
for a minute i thought you had EVERYTHING dwarvenite on one table...
damn cool - i like the mountain just as a stand alone encounter - battling to the top to get whatever while projectiles rain down on you...
It originally included the ice caverns, but there wasn't enough space so we took them out.
Pizzabagel wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:16 pm
I’ve got to know how many Mountain sets it took to build that set up! I have 2 Erinthor mountain sets on the way, but that looks like I will need more!
It is two Erinthor mountain sets, but we used a bunch of the Cavern elevation blocks to bump up the height and fill it out.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:16 pm

I’ve got to know how many Mountain sets it took to build that set up! I have 2 Erinthor mountain sets on the way, but that looks like I will need more!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:14 pm

what - no ice caverns?

for a minute i thought you had EVERYTHING dwarvenite on one table...

damn cool - i like the mountain just as a stand alone encounter - battling to the top to get whatever while projectiles rain down on you...
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:38 am

Cool build - showing off all of DF's KS goodies :)

ooohhh love the Golem Wall - man looking forward to getting those.
Looks like Syssull lost the game of musical sacrificial altars - maybe they will stop sacrificing bakers and we can get some decent croissants.

I would bin the large Necromancer bobble head mountain piece, the paint job is not a good one :( many of the smaller bunnies of the clan have run away moaning about their eyes!
I am the Game and I want to Play

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:16 am

Hey Guys, we are going to count the votes tomorrow, but until then here is another picture!
Nina, Valorian Seneschal