Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:13 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:02 pm
Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:02 pm
Do you guys have any requests for the kickstarter page? What are your favorite and least favorite parts?

I know it says everything on the KS page but perhaps the font should be bigger because so many people pledged for stuff only later to realize that the highest pledge levels do not get you everything or everything to build all of 1-11 at one time. And then they are really dispointed in DF.

perhaps the below text should stand out more.

You’ll see photos of the Encounters followed by photos of the pledge levels further below. But first, we want to explain what you get with your main pledge levels (shown in the right-side column).
The depth, detail, and enhancements in Caverns Deep! make its pieces more costly to produce than our older ones. For that reason, we designed our ADVENTURE ESSENTIALS pledge levels for gamers who want the most bang for their buck. In addition, as our Add-on set options unfold, we will have great options for experts who want to choose their selections a la carte, and for collectors who want to keep their sets out on display.
ADVENTURE ESSENTIALS
In order to explain these pledges, it’s important to distinguish between the two different piece types in Encounters 1-11:
Adventure Pieces: These are the key pieces that create the challenges and objectives that define each Encounter.
Core Pieces: These are the primary building-block pieces that you use in most every build.
Typical gamers probably build 1-3 encounters on their tables at one time. Yet if you buy (for example) 6 whole encounters and you’re only using 2 or 3 setups on your table, nearly half of your Core Pieces will always be sitting on the sidelines.
What if, instead, you could “cherry pick” by getting all the Adventure Pieces (from, for example, Encounters 1-6, or 1-11), but only enough Core Pieces to make 2-3 builds at the same time? We think this is the optimal approach for builders who want the most excitement from their budget. That’s the idea behind our ADVENTURE ESSENTIALS pledges: we have selected and packaged exactly those pieces so you can have more Adventure and less surplus.
BUILD YOUR OWN CAVERN
For those of you who want to do the “cherry picking” yourself, just select the Build Your Own Cavern pledge and choose whatever mix of sets you want. There’s tons to choose from -- including the Adventure Packs from each of the first 12 Encounters (prices listed here) that should unlock soon -- and the list of options will expand significantly as the campaign proceeds!
UNCHARTED UNDERGROUND (ENCOUNTERS 12-14 ONLY)
For those of you who want to focus on Ice Catacomb, Crystal Cavern and The Underdoom, this pledge level includes only those Encounters (12-14). Unlike Adventure Essentials pledges, this pledge includes these complete Encounters, since the pieces contained are all design and/or painted specifically for their Encounter.

Yes a couple people have flagged this. Nate is currently working on how to make this more clear.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:02 pm

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:02 pm
Do you guys have any requests for the kickstarter page? What are your favorite and least favorite parts?

I know it says everything on the KS page but perhaps the font should be bigger because so many people pledged for stuff only later to realize that the highest pledge levels do not get you everything or everything to build all of 1-11 at one time. And then they are really dispointed in DF.

perhaps the below text should stand out more.

You’ll see photos of the Encounters followed by photos of the pledge levels further below. But first, we want to explain what you get with your main pledge levels (shown in the right-side column).
The depth, detail, and enhancements in Caverns Deep! make its pieces more costly to produce than our older ones. For that reason, we designed our ADVENTURE ESSENTIALS pledge levels for gamers who want the most bang for their buck. In addition, as our Add-on set options unfold, we will have great options for experts who want to choose their selections a la carte, and for collectors who want to keep their sets out on display.
ADVENTURE ESSENTIALS
In order to explain these pledges, it’s important to distinguish between the two different piece types in Encounters 1-11:
Adventure Pieces: These are the key pieces that create the challenges and objectives that define each Encounter.
Core Pieces: These are the primary building-block pieces that you use in most every build.
Typical gamers probably build 1-3 encounters on their tables at one time. Yet if you buy (for example) 6 whole encounters and you’re only using 2 or 3 setups on your table, nearly half of your Core Pieces will always be sitting on the sidelines.
What if, instead, you could “cherry pick” by getting all the Adventure Pieces (from, for example, Encounters 1-6, or 1-11), but only enough Core Pieces to make 2-3 builds at the same time? We think this is the optimal approach for builders who want the most excitement from their budget. That’s the idea behind our ADVENTURE ESSENTIALS pledges: we have selected and packaged exactly those pieces so you can have more Adventure and less surplus.
BUILD YOUR OWN CAVERN
For those of you who want to do the “cherry picking” yourself, just select the Build Your Own Cavern pledge and choose whatever mix of sets you want. There’s tons to choose from -- including the Adventure Packs from each of the first 12 Encounters (prices listed here) that should unlock soon -- and the list of options will expand significantly as the campaign proceeds!
UNCHARTED UNDERGROUND (ENCOUNTERS 12-14 ONLY)
For those of you who want to focus on Ice Catacomb, Crystal Cavern and The Underdoom, this pledge level includes only those Encounters (12-14). Unlike Adventure Essentials pledges, this pledge includes these complete Encounters, since the pieces contained are all design and/or painted specifically for their Encounter.

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:02 pm

William wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:38 am
Shush, you're so funny.
You do not have a pumpkin head. :roll:
You should see my wife. ;)
Red head, very curly hair and a "petite" (I'm being nice) size.
Red hair is gorgeous, she sounds lovely.
Arcarius2001 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:19 pm
I didn’t see any pumpkin heads on the video, and I know about pumpkin heads!!
Where did you get this picture of me and my family? :D
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:42 am
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:33 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:28 am
Missed this thread and the livestream :(

Its now on my lunchtime watch list :)

And Nina don't think we didn't notice you on the intro video looking all sculpty and talenty ;)
Was great to see the team and be able to put faces to some names :)
I honestly hate being filmed...since my head is a pumpkin and I don't have a makeup talent. :?
yeah we got that impression that you don't like it.
There is a reason why I carry the camera for all our outings ;)

but pumpkin and makup never crossed our mind when we watched. We thought sculpty and talenty :) and we are sticking to it!
Sculpty talenty is more important than other stuff anyway :)

Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:19 pm

I didn’t see any pumpkin heads on the video, and I know about pumpkin heads!!
Attachments
76620E16-D26F-4C7A-B4B2-CECAA6F5963D.jpeg
76620E16-D26F-4C7A-B4B2-CECAA6F5963D.jpeg (154.35 KiB) Viewed 242 times

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:42 am

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:33 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:

And Nina don't think we didn't notice you on the intro video looking all sculpty and talenty ;)
I honestly hate being filmed...since my head is a pumpkin and I don't have a makeup talent. :?
yeah we got that impression that you don't like it.
There is a reason why I carry the camera for all our outings ;)

but pumpkin and makup never crossed our mind when we watched. We thought sculpty and talenty :) and we are sticking to it!
I am the Game and I want to Play

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:38 am

Shush, you're so funny.
You do not have a pumpkin head. :roll:
You should see my wife. ;)
Red head, very curly hair and a "petite" (I'm being nice) size.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:33 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:

Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:28 am

I am the Game and I want to Play

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:31 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:31 am
I hope it is magnetic
It is!

All live streams will be on the kickstarter page!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dw ... d-game-ter
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:20 am
You inspect the chained conduit crystal on the wall and all-of-a-sudden your brain can only think "Must tune in to kickstarter at 12:15 EST for the Dwarven Forge Live Stream."

Make a wisdom saving throw.
I can't seem to find the link to the livestream - can you post it here?