Gen Con 2019

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Gen Con 2019

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Those sound like solid choices all around, Nina. It's like you guys have done this before, or something. ;)

I hope you all have fun at GenCon!
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:09 pm

We can still pre-order the Pathfinder sets too, right? Will that count towards the raffle tickets?

Tyrant
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tyrant » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:56 pm

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:24 pm
Tyrant wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:36 pm
I was wondering if a decision had been made as far as items being sold at the booth? Hopefully the piece bazaar survives (though in light of earlier comments it is understandable if it does not). If it's going to be actual sets of some kind instead, any idea as to what they will be would be appreciated so we can plan accordingly.

As far as pictures, I usually try to get a lot of pictures of the setup at the booth. Is there a central location/thread (this one?) where people should put them for those who can't make it? Likewise, if I can find them, does anyone have any interest in older pictures from past GenCons?
We will still be running this, but it will not occurring during periods when we are short staffed (such as during events ands streams.) We will serve on two random piece customers at a time, and people will be able to take a number and be served in order. The idea is to prevent line cutting drama and theft. The random pieces will be taken from our no magnet Dungeon of Doom overstock. I'll try to pick an assortment of styles. It will be about 80% painted and 20% unpainted.

The full sets we will be selling in the booth are as follows: Starter Dungeon, Zaltar's Gameroom, and Basic Cavern. We chose these because we feel they are good introductory sets.

We will be doing a daily raffle of a pack of Castle Siege Defenders. Every $20 spent in the booth will earn you one raffle ticket.
Sounds great. Glad to hear the bazaar will survive, and the changes are completely understandable. For me personally there's a lot from DoD I don't have so using those pieces sounds good. I have a follow up question. Will the sets being sold at the booth be the same price as on the website?

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Tyrant wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:36 pm
I was wondering if a decision had been made as far as items being sold at the booth? Hopefully the piece bazaar survives (though in light of earlier comments it is understandable if it does not). If it's going to be actual sets of some kind instead, any idea as to what they will be would be appreciated so we can plan accordingly.

As far as pictures, I usually try to get a lot of pictures of the setup at the booth. Is there a central location/thread (this one?) where people should put them for those who can't make it? Likewise, if I can find them, does anyone have any interest in older pictures from past GenCons?
We will still be running this, but it will not occurring during periods when we are short staffed (such as during events ands streams.) We will serve on two random piece customers at a time, and people will be able to take a number and be served in order. The idea is to prevent line cutting drama and theft. The random pieces will be taken from our no magnet Dungeon of Doom overstock. I'll try to pick an assortment of styles. It will be about 80% painted and 20% unpainted.

The full sets we will be selling in the booth are as follows: Starter Dungeon, Zaltar's Gameroom, and Basic Cavern. We chose these because we feel they are good introductory sets.

We will be doing a daily raffle of a pack of Castle Siege Defenders. Every $20 spent in the booth will earn you one raffle ticket.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:17 pm

DaWolf wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:18 pm
Noticed that a dream date with the Dwarven Forge crew is being offered on ebay for the Ennie awards ceremony on Friday evening.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarven-Forge- ... nav=SEARCH
We were told there were no remaining table for us to properly participate in this
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:16 pm

subtalon wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:56 pm
I signed up for the forum game at 3 on Friday but saw enough tickets at 1:30 so my non-forum friends can join. Since I'm trying convert them I signed up. Whoever is maintaining the list you can you please take me and my plus 1 off the list for the unofficial Friday forum game?
Did you receive your email confirmation? Please reply to that message stating your preference
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Tyrant
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tyrant » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:36 pm

subtalon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by subtalon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:56 pm

I signed up for the forum game at 3 on Friday but saw enough tickets at 1:30 so my non-forum friends can join. Since I'm trying convert them I signed up. Whoever is maintaining the list you can you please take me and my plus 1 off the list for the unofficial Friday forum game?

DaWolf
Goblin
Goblin

Post by DaWolf » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Noticed that a dream date with the Dwarven Forge crew is being offered on ebay for the Ennie awards ceremony on Friday evening.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarven-Forge- ... nav=SEARCH

GriffinTamer
Orc
Orc

Post by GriffinTamer » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to pop in and let you know I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who visits our booth at Gen Con! It's always great to put faces to avatars, as it were.
Also, based on our current (still somewhat fluid) schedule, it looks like I'll be running the morning D&D games on Thursday and Friday. Anyone here attending either of those? A little adventure I cooked up recently, should be a good time!

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”