May Build of the Month: Red Rot Ruin

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Adustus
Orc
Orc

Re: May Build of the Month: Red Rot Ruin

Post by Adustus » Fri May 07, 2021 11:25 am

Unfortunately, no, it's a different casting color. It isn't meant to be translucent; you might be able to get some light through, but it won't be anywhere near the same effect.

Grumpy Gnome
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Grumpy Gnome » Fri May 07, 2021 11:47 am

Finally got around to watching the OTA episode on YouTube. That is looking tasty to me. We will have to see what Mrs. GG thinks though. Pedestal of Pain in standard cavern paint? Yes please!
Rick, the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Fri May 07, 2021 1:39 pm

SwissArmyMage wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:22 am As a curiosity, is the yellow dwarvenite used on the old lava river tiles the same as the hellscape? If I were to get some of the old stuff unpainted would it glow on a light panel?

I realize that the old tiles lack the fantastic sculpting on the new rivers, but it could also possible be used for larger lake formations that are impossible with the new rivers.

Although it hurts a little to consider going back to painting more hellscape...maybe it won't be too bad in smaller batches. I did bang out a LOT all at once last time.
I tried this on some of the old Lava Tiles when I got Hellscape, here are a couple of shots I took of that part of the build with a light panel under them. It sort of worked, but was definitely a lot less translucent. At the top of one of the pictures you can see one of the Magma River tiles on the same light panel that I had to crank up the brightness for the old tiles to show/glow some.
Old Lava tiles on Light Panels 01.jpg
Old Lava tiles on Light Panels 01.jpg (84.61 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Old Lava tiles on Light Panels 02.jpg
Old Lava tiles on Light Panels 02.jpg (82.69 KiB) Viewed 71 times

SwissArmyMage
Orc
Orc

Post by SwissArmyMage » Fri May 07, 2021 5:22 pm

Thanks for the example zen. It's nice to see a picture of them actually in use. I tend use lower light setting when lighting hellscape, just enough to make pop, so I doubt I'll be able to use these concurrently.

It was an interesting idea, and perhaps if they ever consider reprinting/retooling that old line they mat consider using the hellscape material instead of the original.
Link to my drive with photos of my custom painted collection.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Updated with new pics on occasion.

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”