Resin Lakes and Rivers Sets!

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Resin Lakes and Rivers Sets!

Post by LadySabelle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:50 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:20 pm
M'Lady, I'm curious for your (not official Valorian) opinion of those who buy the water sets and immediately resell them for $800....a lot of Trogs think that is scumbag/unethical behavior.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS delenda Sunt
Profiteering is hard on collectors who honestly love our sets but that can not afford the inflated prices. But it's something that happens all the time. Comic books, baseball cards, and Famous Paintings are all prime examples of profiteering. We obviously want our sets in the hands of people who truly want to own them. We love our work and hope you all love it too. But I don't agree with attacking someone who decides to sell their set when there is a market demand for it. I won't pay the price the seller is asking, but I don't deny his right to ask for it.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:44 am

Dept 56 makes Dickens Village canal pieces that have clear resin water that are very similar to the DF resin rivers. Maybe their manufacturer could do the DF caverns.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 am

LS, has DF looked into companies outside of China for production? Based on market demand, I think people would even pay an "inflated" (aka Premium) price for these if they could be produced.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:20 pm

M'Lady, I'm curious for your (not official Valorian) opinion of those who buy the water sets and immediately resell them for $800....a lot of Trogs think that is scumbag/unethical behavior.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:13 pm

There isn't anyone who knows why the bridge was blacked out on those sets. They were forgotten sets that the factory shipped to us to clear out their inventory. We've asked the factory for new labels for any of our remaining sets.

One thing that is incorrect with the ebay listing... we've never said we will never reproduce the resin cavern sets. We just currently don't have a factory that can do them.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:06 pm

jazzman wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:03 pm
I believe it is. I know someone who got a river set in the lottery and it also has a black mark over the bridge on the label. Not sure what that means but maybe DF can shed light? The mark of the beast? :twisted:
No idea what those black marks are about, actually. I mean - every Dwarven Forge set ever produced has the mark of the beast of course, but such markings are invisible.

The Rivers sets in this last stock all had them, but all of them apparently have bridges inside. Not sure what production run the black marks started showing up on, and there's no real way to know for certain whether this auction is for a recently sold set.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:23 pm

There is a River set on there for $850 and has the "black mark", but it shows the bridge is packed inside an opened box. So, ... :?:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:03 pm

I believe it is. I know someone who got a river set in the lottery and it also has a black mark over the bridge on the label. Not sure what that means but maybe DF can shed light? The mark of the beast? :twisted:

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:08 am

I certainly hope not!!

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:47 pm

So I wonder if this was one of the luck winners https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarven-Forge- ... rk:19:pf:0

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”