Greetings from the Forge: Part 4 The Greetening ⚔

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Re: Greetings from the Forge: Part 4 The Greetening ⚔

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:54 am

Grab your oven mitts folks, it's about to get toasty. TWO MORE DAYS until the gates of the hellscape open! 😈🔥🤘

Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:13 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:40 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:11 pm
My new guess is we don't have terrain trays, but something like the water overlays but more opaque, meaning they will be thin plastic sheets. They will go directly on top of the light tray. Just a guess.
The caveat here is what the lava sculpts looks like without the light tray, think they will still look good just a little less toasty :)
Maybe we are a little biased but Griffintamer and I think that the pieces look amazing illuminated or not! People that don't go in for the light boxes will miss the glow, but it will still look great. We will have more un-illuminated pictures so that people will be able to see for themselves.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:10 am

dice4hire wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:20 pm
As I usually get unpainted i am really wondering on that stance this time around. Is unpainted really going to be available for some of these pieces?
Yes unpainted will be available for all the dwarvenite pieces.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:40 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:11 pm
My new guess is we don't have terrain trays, but something like the water overlays but more opaque, meaning they will be thin plastic sheets. They will go directly on top of the light tray. Just a guess.
We think your half right with this AS :D
We think they will offer translucent light box overlays but they will also offer the equivalent 'old style' terrain tray options.

The caveat here is what the lava sculpts looks like without the light tray, think they will still look good just a little less toasty :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:20 pm

As I usually get unpainted i am really wondering on that stance this time around. Is unpainted really going to be available for some of these pieces?
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:09 pm

zenako wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:21 pm
So welcome to the Fire Giants Spa and Lounge. The Salamander servants will be with you momentarily. How can they help you? Oh, you would like a strong extra strength fire retardant salve? Coming right up. Be careful about those pesky spurts of lava from the central fountain, they can scorch the more delicate skin of many folks. :D
This reminds me, the Hot Springs Island book has some awesome lava areas that this terrain would be great for. Check out a map to see what I mean:

http://shop.swordfishislands.com/a-map- ... gs-island/

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:21 pm

So welcome to the Fire Giants Spa and Lounge. The Salamander servants will be with you momentarily. How can they help you? Oh, you would like a strong extra strength fire retardant salve? Coming right up. Be careful about those pesky spurts of lava from the central fountain, they can scorch the more delicate skin of many folks. :D

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:03 pm

John D wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:50 pm
Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:44 am
<snip>

Also, given that they've dropped beans for the volcano, lavafall, and creepy temple, I'm wondering what they're holding back.....how do you top a lavafall?

<snip>
In a barrel, I suppose.
barrel.jpg
barrel.jpg (22.33 KiB) Viewed 288 times
I'll see myself out...

But, seriously, I agree, the waterfall and volcano are both epic. I doubt the DF crew could restrain themselves from having a few tricks up their sleeves to wow us near the end of the campaign. Quaking in my boots here.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:11 pm

102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:44 am
I'm trying to figure out how big that set-up is. I'm guessing around 4 square feet (2'x2'), but maybe a bit more?

Also, given that they've dropped beans for the volcano, lavafall, and creepy temple, I'm wondering what they're holding back.....how do you top a lavafall?

whew, this is going to be an epic paint job.

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”