Upcoming DF Kickstarters (and a Pre-order)!

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Upcoming DF Kickstarters (and a Pre-order)!

Post by unclebilly » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:09 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:52 pm
hunter_something wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:23 pm
One interesting element to the 6.66 Kickstarter: technically, KS doesn't allow you to run concurrent campaigns. You're supposed to fulfill one before launching a second one. Now, this isn't usually strictly enforced, but the rule is on the books (a friend of mine just confirmed it w/ KS this week).

So if DF is trying to play it by the books, that would mean we may have Hellscape in hand before the KS7 launches!
I'm so glad KS cares enough to enforce that rule on CMON. ;)
Yea CMON are not the only ones that do this. I would be a good idea if they did enforce it.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:52 pm

hunter_something wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:23 pm
One interesting element to the 6.66 Kickstarter: technically, KS doesn't allow you to run concurrent campaigns. You're supposed to fulfill one before launching a second one. Now, this isn't usually strictly enforced, but the rule is on the books (a friend of mine just confirmed it w/ KS this week).

So if DF is trying to play it by the books, that would mean we may have Hellscape in hand before the KS7 launches!
I'm so glad KS cares enough to enforce that rule on CMON. ;)
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:37 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:30 pm
Well Hellscape is well before KSVI fulfillment.
*Does math on fingers*...Oh yeah, fair point! Definitely not a useful barometer for timeline, then.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:30 pm

Well Hellscape is well before KSVI fulfillment.

I assume hellscape will be dwarvenite, but the post and update were not crystal clear on that so thought I should check.

The update and all is quite good this time around with a lot of info to digest. Looks like the rest of this year is going to be busy with one thing or another.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:23 pm

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:37 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:22 pm
It had better be on 6/6 at 6:06.
Or maybe at 7:06? (6:66 = 6:00 + 66 minutes)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:22 pm

It had better be on 6/6 at 6:06.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:09 pm

Definitely interested in seeing if Jan 2020 KS, with most tooling done, means that we see early summer delivery. It does mean less room for backer inspired feedback generating new sculpts. -- the forest banks addition for instance probably couldn't fit in this model. They can probably still reshuffling/repackage sculpts to different SKUs if there's common backer demand for different ratios of pieces as usually happens.

Definitely hoping the mini-KS goes well. Make sure you advertise the actual dates as early as you can -- two week kickstarters can have a problem with people on bi-weekly pay schedules not having a lot of time to figure things out. The earlier you can set the dates (and possibly pre-advise on likely pledge levels) the easier for people on limited budgets to have time to figure things out.

NiandoBG
Goblin
Goblin

Post by NiandoBG » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:01 pm

Touch down :D :D 8-)

That are perfect news and IMO perfect timing.

Some thoughts on the news:
  • I guess everybody is fine with Jan 2020. It gives everyone time to enjoy their CD and have a closer look on dreadhollow and to consider what to buy next for wildlands and how it fits to dreadhollow. Maybe you could add dreadhollow (KS 6) as an add-on in KS 7, so you have a clear forecast for restock. And if you are willing to test and try this route this would perfectly fit !?
  • KS 6.66 looks great and the the theme is strong :twisted: to make it really strong set the price “all in” for 666 + shipping :lol: :twisted:
  • The pathfinder stuff is very interesting, too. I would like to have the option of pre-order without being at gen con as well.
Thanks again. Everything is very promising. I will save my money and won’t join any other KS in the meantime. :!:

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:59 pm

Definitely interested in the new offerings. Just have to wait for details to emerge at the weeks roll on...

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”