Gen Con 2019

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
RisingSeraph
Orc
Orc

Re: Gen Con 2019

Post by RisingSeraph » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:48 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:39 pm
How did they do the piece bazaar this time?
It was Dwarvenite by the pound. They also had KS5 starter set, KS2 Cavern set and KS5 Zaltar's Game Room. Ended up going with Dwarvenite by the pound, but only bought 1 as I'm waiting for the KS6 PM to open and was conservative with all Gen Con purchases as a result.

Everyone at the booth was incredibly kind and willing to answer any questions in spite of how exhausted they must have been, thank you DF staff for being so accommodating! I got to meet and talk to Toby, Selina and Nate and they were all fantastic (I was the dude on Thursday with long red hair, van dyke goatee, glasses and a red Stranger Things / D&D red box mashup shirt). Also got to meet Stefan at the live play and he did not disappoint!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:39 pm

How did they do the piece bazaar this time?
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Tyrant
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tyrant » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Just wanted to say the booth looked great and the piece bazaar ran very smoothly. I was able to talk with a couple of the folks at the booth* and they were very helpful and informative. Hopefully I didn't bore anyone with discussing what I would like to see happen with some of the city stuff (premade building configurations beyond the cottage, basically). You guys do a great job.

*I apologize, I did not get their names. Stefan and Nate are the only two I know by sight and it was not either of them. As a side note, I'm not generally the type of person to just walk up to someone that I know (as in, I know who they are, not I know them personally) and strike up a conversation. Do Stefan or Nate (or anyone else at DF for that matter) welcome people doing that?

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:18 pm
nielsene wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:25 pm
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:39 am

Last year they were very slow to post them (months). Your best bet is to try to watch it on their twitch.
Got it, so its on GenCon's side, not y'all's.

Yeah as soon as we get something from them we will post/link it. I believe people can still watch on their twitch though.
Oooh thanks for the tip: here's the link:
https://www.twitch.tv/gencontv/video/462023459

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:18 pm

nielsene wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:25 pm
nielsene wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:19 pm
Is there an ETA for when Saturday's game livestream recording will make it to youtube/somewhere? (soon?, couple days/week after the team returns from GenCon, etc)
Last year they were very slow to post them (months). Your best bet is to try to watch it on their twitch.

Yeah as soon as we get something from them we will post/link it. I believe people can still watch on their twitch though.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:16 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 am
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:42 am
William wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:21 pm
Thanks subtalon. :D
That's the first painted version of the portal that I've seen. You would think they might have shown us something prior to actually using it at the convention. I don't get their priorities, most of the time anyway. ;) :lol:
It was our initial intention to launch the pledge manager before Gen Con and have everyone see it there. We weren’t able to finish testing in time so this didn’t happen and we opted to launch it sometime after the conventions. Sorry no pics were posted sooner.
Nina, can you confirm if the portal will have the blood on it or not? I think most of us would like the option of having more versatility with bloodless stairs if we can petition for it. (Though they do look really cool!)
We hadn’t yet submitted the final paint sample so I will mention to them that people might want it without.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:25 pm

nielsene wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:19 pm
Is there an ETA for when Saturday's game livestream recording will make it to youtube/somewhere? (soon?, couple days/week after the team returns from GenCon, etc)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 am

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:42 am
William wrote:
That's the first painted version of the portal that I've seen. You would think they might have shown us something prior to actually using it at the convention. I don't get their priorities, most of the time anyway. ;) :lol:
It was our initial intention to launch the pledge manager before Gen Con and have everyone see it there. We weren’t able to finish testing in time so this didn’t happen and we opted to launch it sometime after the conventions. Sorry no pics were posted sooner.
Nina, can you confirm if the portal will have the blood on it or not? I think most of us would like the option of having more versatility with bloodless stairs if we can petition for it. (Though they do look really cool!)
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 am

subtalon wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:13 pm
Just added a photo of the portal. It looks so amazing. Also added a photo of the amazing Nina running a Hellscape game for some lucky GenCon attendees.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZxXA4M9WpbkKEmd78

Thank you, Nina!
Thank you, it was great meeting you and your son!
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:42 am

William wrote:
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”