All the sneak Peaks in one location...

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re:All the sneak Peaks in one location...

Post by jchunick » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Mitch wrote:

jchunick wrote:
If anyone has a functional/playable issue with it could they explain.

Anything with base larger than 1 inch will stand lopsided. There are things bigger than lizardmen hiding in my sewers...

I hadn't thought of that. Good point, Mitch.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Mitch
Orc
Orc

Post by Mitch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:31 pm

jchunick wrote:

If anyone has a functional/playable issue with it could they explain.

Anything with base larger than 1 inch will stand lopsided. There are things bigger than lizardmen hiding in my sewers...

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Awesome news. I can't wait for KS3. Thanks, Stefan.
Nikdo, Master Ratcatcher of Valoria

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:57 pm

I plan to offer the Roofs separately so that you guys can pick which type you would prefer for your own customised City:)
We have an endless amount of ideas....I see us adding more and more City elements for many kickstarters to come...this is just the first!

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:36 pm

Stefan - I'm really excited about the roofs. Is there any chance we will see a thatched roof variant too?

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:31 am

Not trying to ruffle feathers, but I really like the "tooth edge" on the sewer prototypes we've seen. I can't wait to paint those pieces.

Crimson_King_of_the_Tower
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Crimson_King_of_the_Tower » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:45 am

I also think the sewers are great the way they are Im going to use them all the same no matter how they come and I agree with Kodiak more teasers would be awesome lol. Its getting close to that time of the year!!

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:18 am

Stefan wrote:

and concerning historical accuracy....while I want to take from history as often as i can..and I do so a lot..in the end, it's a D&D world:)

Wait are you saying that you did not spend weeks in ancient Roman sewers before sculpting these ,like you did for the caverns? I... I am devastated and utterly crushed to hear this. ;)

I like the lip for the ideas you have listed but I also understand that in a real sewer with out a walk way the lip would be a bad design from a flow stand point. Either way I would love to see more teaser pics.

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:38 am

Thanks Bio.....

I like the saw tooth edge...I just think it's kool...without it, there is so little curve that overall it does not look like much...without the lip one cannot balance a character on the perilous edge when there is no sidewalk and I like to be able to do that:) Because nimble characters would be able to walk there....maybe....

Also, If you plan to add your own water you will be very happy for the extra height...

and concerning historical accuracy....while I want to take from history as often as i can..and I do so a lot..in the end, it's a D&D world of my creation so to speak...at least this sewer is...well, you will see....we are all gamers and so am I....I am not a historical reenactment player, although i respect them greatly...but in the end I make my products for gamers and RPG folks...to have fun and stimulate the minds....anyway, lets see how they are in the end....I am sure everyone will be quite happy...I hope anyway:)

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:36 pm

After a very tedious walk-through of way too many DF forum pages, I finally found the appropriate link.

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”