Hi-Res Realm of the Ancient Photos

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
pfworks
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pfworks » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:20 am

I think perhaps a large round door that rolled to the side would be cool.

Myrthe
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Myrthe » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:04 am

I think including doors, archways, portals, swing stone door/walls, etc will do a lot to "complete" the environ and also make it more flexible.

It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be in Ruin. Although, adding some seriously crumbled and deconstructed walls and corners would add to that imagery.

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:23 am

I also thought of the sliding inserts as the doors. I like the idea of these massive walls sliding out of the way to allow adventurers to continue.

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:40 am

Well, I agree that RotA is not for usual door, but... I can imagine ruins with magical gates long time sealed... must have! :-)

Greetings, by the way, I have my 2 sets (plus skeletons) pre-order done... über-amazing set!!!

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:53 am

Quite honestly, we didn't think there would be so much interest in doors, since we thought about this set as being sort of like a ruin...an ancient, found place, and so, doors would have long since deteriorated with time...the doors included in the ROTA-2 are the sort of doors that would not deteriorate completely with time....I suppose that any other doors found in an adventure there might be newer doors made by newer occupants, and so the doors from our other sets might apply?
If there really is so much want for doors, we can include a bunch in a third ROTA set, as the second one has been wrapped up already...

Aracon
Orc
Orc

Post by Aracon » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:37 am

Will double doors be the only option for a doorway in ROTA? Will you be producing a single door with some walls on the side to allow for a 2 inch wide coverage but only one inch of it being a door?

jkratzer
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jkratzer » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:41 pm

DOUBLE DOORS!!?!??!!!?!?!?!

That's IT! I have GOT to get my sets now!
And one will HAVE to get either a full-bore Roman paint job, or SOMETHING Indiana Jones-ian!
Or, perhaps, Zoroastrian? Anybody got a textbook on ancient Persian demonology handy?

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:37 pm

We should have some of the RotA 2 pieces in hand by the end of the year. I will post some pics of BOTH sets together around NYE.

You guys are going to freak when you see the Ruined Entrance and the DOUBLE doors.

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:57 am

Lots of other cool stuff for the RotA 2 Set...like uber-cool stairs, pillars and 6 x 6 floors -- and a few others.

We will try to post photos soon.

The set should be available this summer before Gen Con.

Myrthe
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Myrthe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:39 pm

Double doors are included in the next ROTA :)

Oh...and there is also a SUPER SWEET Ruined Entrance piece -- that is probably my favorite piece EVAR!

THANK YOU !!! Great news !!

So what else do you have planned ?? ;)

And when can we get them ?? !!!