Kickstarter Launches Monday, March 25th!

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Kickstarter Launches Monday, March 25th!

Post by zoroaster100 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:14 am

I'm already in for five sets and very supportive of this Kickstarter, but I agree I'd be much more excited going forward if DF starts to offer different pieces as stretch goals rather than just more of the same type of piece. Free pieces are great, even more of the same, but it's going to produce a lot more excitement if different pieces are offered as stretch goal rewards. In any case, Dwarven Forge has my support, so we are just talking about how to increase that support to greater and greater excitement that can be contagious and explode the Kickstarter campaign even more.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Welcome Fosco to the DF addiction, I mean hobby! I am hoping that by the time this KS is over, your 3 sets balloon to 4+ sets!

Viva Dwarven Forge!

Fosco

Post by Fosco » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:11 pm

I've been looking at the DF site and products with lust in my heart for a long time now, but never made a purchase. I'm stoked to get in on this great opportunity and bought in for 3 sets! Good luck, Stefan & Co!

Kradlo
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kradlo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:58 pm

I guess I can't resist a Kickstarter campaign. I'm in for five painted sets.
Make Mine Master Maze!

Thod
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Thod » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:41 pm

KenM

Catacomb 2 is in development and I expect it also before Christmas. This is a classic material set.

Actually I hope the success of the KS will help to make more restocking possible in the US.

KenM
Orc
Orc

Post by KenM » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Great idea to get more people to use DF. But I have one question:

Will DF still make the more traditional type pieces, or are all new sets going to be made like this?

dandare
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dandare » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:38 pm

As a 'New Style' room set. It is great value. It Looks different but fully compatible.
I plan to use them to differentiate areas in a dungeon etc. IE - A whole level/part of a dungeon. or a special 'Throne room' / 'treasure room' etc. It enhances what there already is.

But agree with some of the previous comments. Would like to see 'some special pieces'.
I LOVE the new doors - happy to trade the 'stretch' 4 additional straight walls for 1 more door. (As a simple example of a different stretch.)

Yukon Cornelius
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Yukon Cornelius » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:36 pm

We shall see. I'm REALLY hoping for diagonal walls at the $150K level.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:12 pm

I hope you are right VC, but I think the stretch goals will just more and more and more of the same pieces. I REALLY hope I am wring, but I have seen nothing to make me believe otherwise yet.

Yukon Cornelius
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Yukon Cornelius » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:01 pm

I can totally understand being disappointed, but all I can really say to that is, "wait and see."

The initial set of pieces didn't strike me as a tremendous value either, but as stretch goals continue to be added, the value is going up. It's not inconceivable that by the time this is over, the per-piece cost will be down to $1 or less, painted (it's at about $2 right now, depending on your pledge level, which is slightly less than you'd pay per piece for the existing room set.

I think what will make it exciting is when stretch goals include new pieces, rather than just more of what we've already seen. At the pace we're seeing, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the entire campaign raises more than $2 million, which means another 15-20 (or more?) stretch goals. At that point, I'm hoping that we'll have another 4 or 5 new pieces in the mix (like curved walls, diagonal walls, ruined walls...all the cool stuff we've seen in other DF sets over the years.) If that happens, the value will be amazing, and it's going to be really exciting.

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”