Please Post Your Medieval Building Set Thoughts Here

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
DM0820
Kobold
Kobold

Post by DM0820 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:08 pm

These look awesome, I just ordered 5. We should be able to build some serious buildings with that, now I just need to make some generic rooves to keep them covered from prying players.

It is days like today that make me very glad that my wife and I decided not to have children, that way I have money to buy myself toys.

I agree that stairs (up and down), a fireplace, rounded corners, a mounted dragons head wall, a slate menu on a wall, a dartboard wall section, shuttered windows, a trap door floor, and maybe wooden support beams would make a great expansion to this fantastic set.

I hope that these get here in time for a new campaign I am starting for my son and some friends, they can actually have a tavern to meet up in and return to from thier adventures.

Thanks again for the awesome products. I wish you had made this stuff 20 years ago when I lived with my parents and worked full time, I would have hundreds of sets already... Who am I kidding, I WILL have hundreds of them if you keep making them.

DM0820

shade_1313
Goblin
Goblin

Post by shade_1313 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:06 pm

To tell the truth, when I first saw the Dungeon magazine ad, something struck me as just looking wrong. It didn't take me long to hazard a theory that it's cause the setup in the ad was bare of any furnishings, it looked waaaay too bare. Having now seen the set in better pics, and with furnishings installed, I'm really excited about this set. I don't really have a use for the set at the moment, but still I find myself thinking of buying 3 of them!

Course, once I do that, I won't be able to stop till I actually DO have a village...lol

Hmmm. the thought has just occurred that this is, basically, the tavern set that people were clamoring after. But it's so much more, as well. Most medieval buildings could easily be built from this set, and the function of it solely set forth by what furnishings are in place. Perhaps some more, somewhat more specialized, furniture sets? Things like a bar, shelving for the storeroom, some book cases that are freestanding, etc?

Worth pondering, at the least.