Latest Pics and Info on Ruins Set -- Aug. '10

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re:Latest Pics and Info on Ruins Set -- Aug. '10

Post by admin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:29 am

We have changed our minds about NOT offering the Ruins Set for pre-order. Due to several factors, but the main reason is to get a sense of how well received this set will be. If the pre-orders go well in July, Stefan has agreed to strongly consider a Ruins 2 Set (which I want -- being a collector first!). By doing this pre-order Stefan can gauge the demand for a Ruins 2 Set and we will get a good idea of how much (if any) of the Ruins Set to re-order on the next container order for Christmas.

So...we are going to start to take pre-orders at Origins and end pre-orders at Gen Con. The price will be $89/set and for every three sets you pre-order you will get a free Monster Nest piece (while supplies last).

You will be able to pre-order on our website starting Wed. June 30th.

Please DO NOT post any replies here. I am putting up a new Post about this in this same folder. Please put your comments and questions there.

Thanks!

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:18 pm

I already see one potentially AWESOME use for the cavern/ruin mix: the cavernous transition piece from the basic cavern set that includes the start of a dungeon tunnel. I frequently use that piece in all-cavern setups, and accept the small portion of dungeon wall. If I could add a ruined wall piece to it, however, it would really work better. I can't wait to experiment with ruins in a cavern complex....

granpappy77
Orc
Orc

Post by granpappy77 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 pm

I've been pondering what I'll be ordering when DF's next big shipment comes in. I only have so much money to spend and so much room in my place so I want to make sure I spend wisely. At first I thought this set would be nice, but not a must-have. But the more I considered it, a ruins set like this can be incredibly versatile in terms of game setting. Of course it can represent an old ruined building. But you can also make a complete set of rooms and have the walls cave in as a major battle rages. This set can be combined with Hellscape to show that the building was ruined after a volcanic eruption. It can also be combined with the cavern set to show that the building partially collapsed into a sinkhole to the Underdark or into a cave dug by some evil underground dweller. You can combine it with RotA or DoE to represent a time portal or a portal to another dimension opened up and wrecked havoc over the area. I'm glad this is going to be a regular part of their line- the more I think on it, the more I love this set!

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks Monte!

I can't wait to see what you come up with using our Ruins Set.

Monte
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Monte » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:56 am

This set looks AMAZING! Now there will be a ruined level of Dungeonaday.com for sure.

And the monster-nest is a must-have.

Well done (again) guys!

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Thu May 06, 2010 4:30 pm

For MOST countries, we can put 4 Ruins Sets into one box. I think the only big problem is Australia which does not like bigger boxes.

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Thu May 06, 2010 12:16 pm

David Wasilewski wrote:

Hi Jeff

Did you get the chance to try out if 4 sets would fit into a single box?

Cheers

Dave

I should know in a few days. Thanks for your patience.

Celisasu
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Celisasu » Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Ooh. I like this set. But I don't think I need three of it(not 100% sure but probably only need one or two). Probably just wait the six months like I did with RotA2 and buy the monster nest seperately.

David Wasilewski
Orc
Orc

Post by David Wasilewski » Wed May 05, 2010 10:28 am

Hi Jeff

Did you get the chance to try out if 4 sets would fit into a single box?

Cheers

Dave

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat May 01, 2010 5:45 am

Would it be advantageous for overseas customers for DF to ship in larger boxes?

Is it feasible and/or practical for DF?
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”