Pokorny Paints for City Builder System

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Pokorny Paints for City Builder System

Post by Audles » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:37 pm

DFSuzy wrote:
Audles wrote:Hi Suzy! Do you know whenabouts the Battlements guide will go live? That's the only thing I got unpainted. :P Thanks so much! GREAT JOB ON THIS KS!

Hi Audles!

Thanks! It shouldn't be too long for the Battlements Guide, but if you are itching to get started, you can use the Stone Walls section of the Stone Houses guide and add the moss touches using Step 8 of the Slate Roof section.

I am still waiting on the pieces to arrive so I can get this one made - it should be very soon!

Thanks!

Suzy
Thanks Suzy! That's what I thought it would be... But the presence of a guide made me second guess myself a bit. Thanks again!

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Audles wrote:Hi Suzy! Do you know whenabouts the Battlements guide will go live? That's the only thing I got unpainted. :P Thanks so much! GREAT JOB ON THIS KS!

Hi Audles!

Thanks! It shouldn't be too long for the Battlements Guide, but if you are itching to get started, you can use the Stone Walls section of the Stone Houses guide and add the moss touches using Step 8 of the Slate Roof section.

I am still waiting on the pieces to arrive so I can get this one made - it should be very soon!

Thanks!

Suzy

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Hi Suzy! Do you know whenabouts the Battlements guide will go live? That's the only thing I got unpainted. :P Thanks so much! GREAT JOB ON THIS KS!

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:16 pm

DFSuzy wrote:
GODofwar wrote:
Suzy, isn't there a set of large bottles for doing the caverns and another for the tiles (KSI and KS II)? I can't find them on the paint setup any more.

Probably a serious headspace and timing issue in me.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est

We did have a 4-Pack offered, but due to logistic issues, we had to stop offering this.

The 4-Pack had Base Gray, Earth Stone, Olive Dry Brush and Stone Edge Dry Brush. These were the main colors used in the Cavern release.

Dungeon tiles use Base Gray, Cardboard, Black and Stone Edge Drybrush. You can actually use the Stone Walls section of the Stone Houses paint guide (or the Battlements guide once it is finished) to paint these. The stone pieces are probably the easiest to paint, and we have all of the colors for those available now.

Yes, it would make it easier if we could continue to offer the 4-Pack, but we can't anymore. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Suzy

iPaint
Orc
Orc

Post by iPaint » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:26 pm

GODofwar wrote:Suzy, were the bottles in the 4-pack not larger than the current bottles? That was really my only concern, buying the bottles separately is a machts nichts.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
We bought a dungeon paint pack at the start of the sale about a month ago, and no, the bottles were all the same size across the Pokorny Paints line - 4 oz bottles if I'm not mistaken.

~iPaint

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:42 pm

DFSuzy wrote:
GODofwar wrote:
Suzy, isn't there a set of large bottles for doing the caverns and another for the tiles (KSI and KS II)? I can't find them on the paint setup any more.

Probably a serious headspace and timing issue in me.

The Least Weasel

Totus KS Delendum Est
es, it would make it easier if we could continue to offer the 4-Pack, but we can't anymore without a lot of hassle and money that would end up driving up the costs of them. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks!
Suzy
Suzy, were the bottles in the 4-pack not larger than the current bottles? That was really my only concern, buying the bottles separately is a machts nichts.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

Mitch
Orc
Orc

Post by Mitch » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:52 pm

DFSuzy wrote:The painting guide is up!

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/city-builde ... ng-guides/
Hiya Suzy,

For those of us at the other end of the earth (literally), where shipping costs an arm and a leg and the rest of the family too, do you have the RGB codes for the paints so we can pick up the equivalent colour at our local hardware store? I am specifically after the codes for the main Caverns colours so I can match up some Hirst Arts plaster pieces I have cast with my pre-painted Dwarven Forge Caverns sets.

Thanks,

- Mitch.

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:21 pm

Thank you.

So sorry about that!
Last edited by DFSuzy on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:02 pm

DFSuzy wrote:

The 4-Pack had Base Gray, Cardboard, Earth Stone and Olive Drybrush. These were the main colors used in the Cavern release.
Thanks!

Suzy
Sorry to tell you Suzy, that Cardboaed was one of the newer colors -
The 4 pack was Base Gray, Earth Stone, Olive Dry Brush and Stone Edge Dry Brush from the Dungeon KS. Yes, Cardboard was introduced with the Cavern KS to be added to what we had from before. I bought two of the sets when they were offered.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:15 pm

I don't remember exactly, but i believe with the sale 4 separate bottles is cheaper than the 4 pack anyway!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939