Pokorny Paints for City Builder System

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Re: Pokorny Paints for City Builder System

Post by DFSuzy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:49 am

GODofwar wrote:
Suzy, isn't there a set of large bottles for doing the caverns and another for the tiles (KSI and KS II)? I can't find them on the paint setup any more.

Probably a serious headspace and timing issue in me.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est

We did have a 4-Pack offered, but due to logistic issues, we had to stop offering this.

The 4-Pack had Base Gray, Cardboard, Earth Stone and Olive Drybrush. These were the main colors used in the Cavern release.

Dungeon tiles use Base Gray, Cardboard, Black and Stone Edge Drybrush. You can actually use the Stone Walls section of the Stone Houses paint guide (or the Battlements guide once it is finished) to paint these. The stone pieces are probably the easiest to paint, and we have all of the colors for those available now.

Yes, it would make it easier if we could continue to offer the 4-Pack, but we can't anymore. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Suzy
Last edited by DFSuzy on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:52 am

DFSuzy wrote:Hi Guys,

City Builder Paintsg.)

Most Paints Are Available Now: There are about 13 different colors used for the entire range of sets. All but 4 are existing Pokorny colors: Base Gray; Cardboard; Deep Lava; Lava Orange; Stone Edge Drybrush; Olive Drybrush; Shallow Water Seaweed Green; Moss Green; and Black. All these colors are available now.

New Colors: There are also four new colors: Base Wood (the base color for the floors and arches on the Tudor walls); Terracotta Drybrush (the highlight for both the wood and the Terracotta Roofs); Stucco (for the Tudor Walls); and Sludge (for the sewers). We regret that these colors have been delayed until until late February-early March. We made a mistake formulating them and we need time to correct the colors. We should have ample supply at that time, but if you prefer, you can pre-order them now.

Limited Time Discount: This year, all paints will be sold on our website and will ship separately from Kickstarter orders. Because of our error and resulting delay on the 4 new colors, we’d like to offer all customers both free shipping (to the USA only) and a 25% discount on all paint and brush purchases through March 15. This discount is already reflected online. Preorders will be available for the new colors.

Thanks so much for your patience and interest in Pokorny paints and brushes.
Suzy, isn'te there a set of large bottles for doing the caverns and another for the tiles (KSI and KS II)? I can't find them on the paint setup any more.

Probably a serious headspace and timing issue in me.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:42 pm

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:25 am

Hummm.... Follow the directions in a video not yet released to mix paints to match from piece to piece over a indefinite period of time and make them match resin pieces from a broad spectrum of makers (to include Griffin Tamer) ... OR ... Give my buddies at Dwarven Forge another paint order, squeeze a few drops from a bottle whenever I need to...

Now which do you think I choose???

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Darn, I better order....
WeaselWarGod

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Just pre-ordered 7 bottles and two extras that I guess will be shipped sooner. That'll make 30 Bottles of Pokorny Paint so far, well when April rolls around.
I think I can use his Terracotta and Base Wood for the Basalt Columns when I get back to sculpting... ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:42 pm

I just got my big order now. Now I have 13 bottles, 2 1/3 used and the rest brand new!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:11 pm

William, I wasn't the one who posted impatience...just acknowledged my own bad painting skills!

BUt I look forward to seeing more of your work. I learn from a lot of the board members.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:25 pm

GoW, I'm very slow at painting too, my fingers and hands start to fall asleep after about 5 to 10 minutes. So I'm definitely not in any kind of race there. As for mods to Game Tiles and Caverns I have posted some things here-

viewtopic.php?p=79142#p79142
and -
viewtopic.php?p=89683#p89683

Ideas for water tiles...
viewtopic.php?p=72989#p72989

But I will show off more once I finish painting and then playing always requires pictures.
Be patient GODofwar I will show every mod once all is complete. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:00 pm

GriffinTamer wrote:GODofwar:

Pokorny Paints cover a LOT of terrain. As in, one bottle of Base Gray will easily do more than five sets of KS 1 Game Tiles + Add-Ons, and one bottle of all the auxiliary colors for Dungeons (Olive Dry Brush, Earth Stone, Stone Edge Dry Brush) will do 10+ sets. I've painted an insane amount of terrain over the past year and a half and I still haven't used up my first bottle of Earth Stone.

As far as time goes… I painted my last couple sets of standard Caverns + add-ons the other day, and it took me about six hours. This is for a fairly elaborate paint job somewhat more complex than the standard one Stefan shows in his tutorial. Dungeons are quicker (aside from the doors). CBS stuff will likely be slower because of the need to be more precise painting things like the Tudor beams.

Hope that helps!

And looking forward to the new paints!
Dear Griff. T: Thank you very much. Now I know how long it takes YOU to paint, I can just multiply by 10 and get my time....

The Least Weasel
http://dwarven-forge-collector-catalog. ... alog_Wikia
WeaselWarGod