Pokorny Paints for City Builder System

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Pokorny Paints for City Builder System

Post by Audles » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:54 pm

DFSuzy wrote:
Audles wrote:Limbolance,

That's good to know! Will there be a tutorial video launched with the new pieces? Or is it coming when the paints come. Thought being that mixing the paint tutorial might be helpful to come first as its own vid. Just a thought. Did you see my question about the "Sludge" color? Just curious. Thanks!

Yes, the "sludge" color is for the sewer sets. It is a wet drybrush to make them look extra sludge like.

The painting video is very likely, though at this time, I don't have much information for you about it. We will be sure to let you know as we know more.

The downloadable painting guide is in process - more on that soon as well.

Thanks for all of your positive feedback, friends! We love it!

Suzy
So the "Sludge" color is used to make that greening effect seen on the Sewer Pieces, not just the green of the sewer water itself?

Also, I've noticed none of the tutorial videos are linked to the official Dwarven Forge video account. Consequence being you can't find them when you click the "Videos" tab on the website itself. I usually find them by scrolling down on the News page. I'm thinking it'd be handy to either have a "Tutorials" tab or add them elsewhere?

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:24 pm

I just ordered my colours. I wish I could get a whole extra set of all the colours at that price, but the wallet is crying, and just looking plain pathetic. :-)
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Audles wrote:Limbolance,

That's good to know! Will there be a tutorial video launched with the new pieces? Or is it coming when the paints come. Thought being that mixing the paint tutorial might be helpful to come first as its own vid. Just a thought. Did you see my question about the "Sludge" color? Just curious. Thanks!

Yes, the "sludge" color is for the sewer sets. It is a wet drybrush to make them look extra sludge like.

The painting video is very likely, though at this time, I don't have much information for you about it. We will be sure to let you know as we know more.

The downloadable painting guide is in process - more on that soon as well.

Thanks for all of your positive feedback, friends! We love it!

Suzy

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:Limbolance,

Thanks for ordering the new pre-mixed paints. They will help no doubt if you want to replicate the colors we painted on our pieces.
I just want you to know (and everyone else) that you don't have to wait if you don't want to...we will show you the colors you should apply step by step....you can then mix them yourself from existing colors that are available now:)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:25 am

I will soon have 13 Pokorny paints in my collection, enough to paint for basically forever.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:35 pm

Limbolance,

Thanks for ordering the new pre-mixed paints. They will help no doubt if you want to replicate the colors we painted on our pieces.
I just want you to know (and everyone else) that you don't have to wait if you don't want to...we will show you the colors you should apply step by step....you can then mix them yourself from existing colors that are available now:)

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Question for Dwarven Forge about the "Sludge" color:

Is this color used specifically for the sludge water in sewers? Or was it used as the dry brush to give the sewer sets that green-grimey look? If used in this manner, was the color mixed at all? Or just easy straight out of the bottle to dry-brush a slime coat?

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Well, I went ahead and ordered the "four" missing paints... Though HOW I'm going to wait that long before starting to paint is going to be a REAL trial of my patience...

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:24 am

Thank you for the new colors. I know you don't make money on the paints, but they help me a lot. I could buy a lot fewer pieces if I had to buy painted, and it would take TON of the little Reaper paint bottles at 3 bucks a pop to paint all the stuff I order. You would not believe how much I use your paint. I use your Black and White as primer for painting plastic and resin models as a lot of the primers don't hold well or do not set well on plastics like they do on metal. I just spray them on with an air brush. That reminds me, Pokorny paints work great in an air brush with little to no thinning, and I use an extra fine airbrush. With the nice brown you have coming all I need is a primary blue (royal blue), and red (fire engine red) I think I could mix almost any color imaginable.

One question. Which of the existing colors will be used (mixed or other wise) in the painting tutorials? I just would like to know so I can pick up any that I might need (I have at least one of each, but might grab an extra if I am going to use a lot of some color). Thanks again.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:01 am

I bought 11 paints to go with my 2 I already have. I will have most of them. I'll wait till I see the other offerings in Feb March to add on these paints.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”