THE RESTOCK HAS BEEN DELAYED!!

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: THE RESTOCK HAS BEEN DELAYED!!

Post by lostpict » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:21 pm

You know restocks, understocks, and no stocks aside, it is fantastic that the Castle products have been so popular. Since real castles are not built in a day, I think I will use my plentiful ruin pieces to show the parts "under construction" until the serfs can deliver more dressed stone to my house.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:00 pm

DFSuzy wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:04 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:35 am

Its a shame that it impacted restock of other non Castle items, but DF is not a massive operation and is driven by the willingness of DF employees to make it work, but there are only so many hours in a day and they have a life outside of DF - well I assume they do ;)

Don't be silly. I have no life outside of work! My friends tell me that they miss me ... :lol:
ahh friends, I remember those, but now I spend all my money on terrain and my time on dodgy forums .......
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:35 am

Its a shame that it impacted restock of other non Castle items, but DF is not a massive operation and is driven by the willingness of DF employees to make it work, but there are only so many hours in a day and they have a life outside of DF - well I assume they do ;)

Don't be silly. I have no life outside of work! My friends tell me that they miss me ... :lol:

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:35 am

iceycat wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:19 am
DFSuzy wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:11 pm
iceycat wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 3:14 pm
While this is really unfortunate, the announcement of the delay being a month or more helped me make an informed decision. I went ahead with a order now for what WAS in stock and I'll be able to order the rest in a month or so. Provided the Dungeon of Doom leaves me any funds to play with anyway... haha
The delay was caused by the Castle Builder release being more popular than we anticipated combined with a couple of warehouse receiving errors. We are getting these issues resolved so that we don't have more delays like this past week. It's coming soon. I promise.
I think the "unexpected" surge of interest in Castle builder was due to The Dwarvenaut. It was probably assumed that since the KS4 totals were the lowest of all Kickstarters to date that the interest wasn't there. Once The Dwarvenaut came out on Netflix you had a whole bunch of people who had never seen nor heard of your product before become interested. It came out just in time to miss KS4 but get people to start buying some KS1-3 from the shop and then by the time KS4 released in stores all the people who just found out about your product last year could finally buy it for the first time (myself included). I'm sure there were also KS4 people who just wanted more goodies too.
I am pretty convinced that the PM bumped up the total amount spent on Castles to over 2 million. I know I bumped my pledge up significantly (roughly 35%).
I think that many did the same as more alternative builds and videos came out explaining how you can use all the Castle goodies.
Then you have Dwarvenaut (great watch btw).
Then you get the awesome castle pieces in your hands and start making some wonderful builds (Check them out - viewforum.php?f=48) that make you realise 'Damn need to get me some of those!'.
Castles are big, I mean really BIG! and nothing beats getting them in your hand to make you realise just how you can use them. So I found it no surprise that the DF community went all 'Burnt Carrot' on the Castles retail stock.
I know I did :D
Hopefully as DF grow then their backroom staff can be helped with more modern systems and more boots on the ground (or fingers on the keyboards).

Either way keep up the good work everybody :) I am going to see if I can grab some painted water cavern pieces when they get in.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by iceycat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:19 am

DFSuzy wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:11 pm
iceycat wrote:
While this is really unfortunate, the announcement of the delay being a month or more helped me make an informed decision. I went ahead with a order now for what WAS in stock and I'll be able to order the rest in a month or so. Provided the Dungeon of Doom leaves me any funds to play with anyway... haha
The delay was caused by the Castle Builder release being more popular than we anticipated combined with a couple of warehouse receiving errors. We are getting these issues resolved so that we don't have more delays like this past week. It's coming soon. I promise.
I think the "unexpected" surge of interest in Castle builder was due to The Dwarvenaut. It was probably assumed that since the KS4 totals were the lowest of all Kickstarters to date that the interest wasn't there. Once The Dwarvenaut came out on Netflix you had a whole bunch of people who had never seen nor heard of your product before become interested. It came out just in time to miss KS4 but get people to start buying some KS1-3 from the shop and then by the time KS4 released in stores all the people who just found out about your product last year could finally buy it for the first time (myself included). I'm sure there were also KS4 people who just wanted more goodies too.

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:11 pm

iceycat wrote:

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:08 pm

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 2:06 pm
Suzy, I emailed you about the Wicked City Accessory Add-On Pack (Expertly Hand Painted)
Please tell me as soon as possible if you have one somewhere on the shelves or even a used one.
My order is pending for ....3 weeks ..
Did you pay for it? Can you please email me at dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com so I can investigate this? Thanks!

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:54 pm

We are hoping to have this in by next week - probably Monday.

Thanks!

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 pm

2 months later what about the restock of the shop (city etc) ?
Can we expect something before the end of the summer ?
Still waiting for this to order.

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by iceycat » Mon May 22, 2017 3:14 pm