Gencon Charity Game

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Gencon Charity Game

Post by GODofwar » Tue May 30, 2017 3:18 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 3:28 am
Ok, I now know Jim, and I think I heard of Nate somewhere, but who is the third guy?

I hope to see lots of forum people at Gencon.
TWO HOOTS!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 30, 2017 3:28 am

Ok, I now know Jim, and I think I heard of Nate somewhere, but who is the third guy?

I hope to see lots of forum people at Gencon.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Tue May 30, 2017 2:20 am

This is going to be an EPIC 3 day event folks! There will be Valorian coins and treasures given out to crafty adventurers as well!

Jim Keleher is a great DM and was MY DM for longer than anyone else...he did the graphics for the Tapestry of deceit module we did and many of our early ads in Gen Con books and Dragon Magazine...I came up with Dwarven Forge while playing in Jim's Campaign because he used miniatures and painted them...bringing me back into that aspect of the hobby...he helped me test our first prototypes!

Nate Taylor is well known here on these boards, as he is the video maker extraordinaire of our newest kickstarters a long time Larper and gamer, and now an intricate part of our creative and management team!

This is not to be missed if you are at Gen Con! I'll probably be there for all three events helping out in some fashion even when I am not DMing...

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 30, 2017 1:03 am

I'll be there Friday, but as it is my first time, I want to try to see everything instead of being tied down to one game. Sounds cool and I will try to drop by a bit if possible.

Is it allowed to look over gamer's shoulders at GenCon, or is the area closed to non-participants?
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon May 29, 2017 11:41 pm

Even though I will not be going, I think it is a wise decision to offer these to Valorians first.
Thanks Nate and DF for being so kewl. :D
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon May 29, 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up here first, Nate!
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon May 29, 2017 10:26 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 9:55 pm
I'll be there with most of my Dwarven Forge team! For the first time I will also be running a game at Gen Con!
In fact, we are running a three game adventure, 3 parts over 3 days! It's for a children's education charity, and it's $100 a seat per day...Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...Jim Keleher on Friday,12-6pm Nate Taylor on Saturday, 12-6pm and Myself on Sunday! 12-4pm Details on the Gen Con site soon...
Jim must be a great DM he is so crafty Nate and Stefan can not agree on his last name. ;)
Last edited by kodiakbear on Mon May 29, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon May 29, 2017 9:47 pm

natetaylor wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 8:53 pm
Just wanted to let you loyal forumites know that we're running a trilogy of epic D&D games at Gencon this year.

All three sessions will be played on a massive Hammered Games table filled to the brim with DF terrain (including some KS5 prototypes for sure...).

The link is here:
https://www.gencon.com/event_finder/Hos ... t%5B%5D=hh

Wanted to give you guys the first crack at tickets before we announce to the general public.

The first session on Friday will be run by Jim Kels, a childhood friend of Stefan's, friend of DF, and all-around awesome DM. I'll be running the second session on Saturday. And Stefan will be running the finale on Sunday.

It's going to be a damn fun time. And all proceeds go to charity, so it's for a good cause.
|Nate, minimum is 4 players - whats the max? I would like to go but our schedule for that period isnt' done yet!!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Mon May 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Thanks for putting it here on the forums. That means quite a bit actually.

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Gencon Charity Game

Post by natetaylor » Mon May 29, 2017 8:53 pm

Just wanted to let you loyal forumites know that we're running a trilogy of epic D&D games at Gencon this year.

All three sessions will be played on a massive Hammered Games table filled to the brim with DF terrain (including some KS5 prototypes for sure...).

The link is here:
https://www.gencon.com/event_finder/Hos ... t%5B%5D=hh

Wanted to give you guys the first crack at tickets before we announce to the general public.

The first session on Friday will be run by Jim Keleher, a childhood friend of Stefan's, friend of DF, and all-around awesome DM. I'll be running the second session on Saturday. And Stefan will be running the finale on Sunday.

It's going to be a damn fun time. And all proceeds go to charity, so it's for a good cause.
Last edited by natetaylor on Tue May 30, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.