Greetings from the Forge!

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Valorian_Seneschal
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Greetings from the Forge!

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:27 pm

Here is a picture for today!
Fire ants are the few creatures who can easily navigate the labyrinthine tunnel of the Khri Colony. If they are lucky they will find unprotected Khri eggs to eat. If they are unlucky, they may end up as a meal for mama Khri.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Thanks for the reply Nina - will have to try to track one of those down - would look fabulous as an entrance to the Shrine of Shushhhhh

Loving the pictures - reminbds us what we could build with enough Dwarvenite.

+32 for a Backers picture gallery :)
I am the Game and I want to Play

Valorian_Seneschal
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:15 pm

I think what would be an awesome feature is a gallery with the ability to "like" a photo. The system could have a sort feature by category (inns, castles, caverns, outdoors, dungeons, etc) and the number of likes; some of the truly inspiring builds would be easily accessible. Plus it would give some people encouragement to try to get on that leaderboard so it would likely up the quality of builds done by us board members and also our photography skills. :) It would also be free advertising for DF! I know you would get lots of hits from search engines if the galleries became popular.
This is a great idea! I will pass this along to Nate.

Here is the picture for today:
A city is really hard to maintain when so much danger inhabits the sewers below. The rat and lizard folk often come up to destroy the town, but the people are hard working enough to rebuild from the ashes.
Sets: City Builder buildings, City Streets, City Accessories, Ruined Buildings, Monster Sewers, Ratmen, Lizardmen, Townsfolk
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Don't forget Law, Tom, William, Sorn, and our other master builders!
A fair point. Feymous's photography is what sucked me into the obsessive world of Dwarven Forge though, so her builds are my favorite.
AnimeSensei wrote:
I think what would be an awesome feature is a gallery with the ability to "like" a photo. The system could have a sort feature by category (inns, castles, caverns, outdoors, dungeons, etc) and the number of likes; some of the truly inspiring builds would be easily accessible. Plus it would give some people encouragement to try to get on that leaderboard so it would likely up the quality of builds done by us board members and also our photography skills. :) It would also be free advertising for DF! I know you would get lots of hits from search engines if the galleries became popular.
That's a great idea.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:15 pm

fnordfriendly wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 am
bernyleung wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:50 pm
Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51 am
We would love to compile beautiful customer build pictures from here, maybe you guys can point me in the right direction to find those?
There is a "Castle Builds" thread in the KS4 post-campaign sectin of the forums where, I think, most of the build photos are concentrated. There are many more scattered about in many threads. Think of it as a treasure hunt....
Search field = 'Feymous' :D
Don't forget Law, Tom, William, Sorn, and our other master builders!

106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Valorian_Seneschal
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction on finding some beautiful pictures. I don't know what will be happening with seated miniatures, but I know many people are advocating for it!

Rabbit Burner the temple with the four columns is actually a front piece by Griffin Tamer, and the back is built with our stuff. Perhaps contact Elye and he can help you out. :)

Here is the picture for today!
Just a warm safe friendly castle. There is definitely no Vampire lord in here. In fact you should come right in and make yourself at home! This castle was built using pieces from our City Builder system, and the surrounding area was created using Caverns.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphyns » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:09 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 am
Question - how does sitting down increase bustle ?
As I recall sitting emphasizes the bustle significantly. Apropos of nothing, it also makes it impossible for the woman wearing one to sit on most modern chairs.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 am

fnordfriendly wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm
Lovely builds... wouldn't some seated patrons make that tavern bustle a bit more? 8-)
Question - how does sitting down increase bustle ?

Ok that's todays pointless question out of the way :)

Welcome Nina to the Dwarven Forge Forum Funhouse of miscasts and miscreants and of course fluffy bunnies.

For Forum pictures I think the following thread location has a few ;)
Dwarven Forge Home Page ‹Board index ‹GM Help Section ‹COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!
viewforum.php?f=13

One not so pointless question in that glorious shot from your KS4 launch video (love that setup) there is what looks like a Greek/Roman Temple with 4 columns with a possible snake motive (just behind the Lion statue) I have not seen that anywhere else - do you or anyone else know what it is ?
I am the Game and I want to Play

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 am

bernyleung wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:50 pm
We would love to compile beautiful customer build pictures from here, maybe you guys can point me in the right direction to find those?
There is a "Castle Builds" thread in the KS4 post-campaign sectin of the forums where, I think, most of the build photos are concentrated. There are many more scattered about in many threads. Think of it as a treasure hunt....
Search field = 'Feymous' :D

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:50 pm