Greetings from the Forge!

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Dolken
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Greetings from the Forge!

Post by Dolken » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:27 pm

Vote A

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:51 pm

(OH! So I DO still have that bead in my hand!!!) :evil:

We vote C as well :twisted:

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:44 pm

We vote A

It's a token of love from that cute lizard girl, it can't just be given away to any Tom, Dick or Raven.

He will persevere, nothing stands in the way of true love!
Well except maybe iron bars and a klepto Raven.

nice Danther ref ;)
I am the Game and I want to Play

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:25 pm

William wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 pm
I to vote 'A', but after reading a few of Zach's comments in this and another thread I think he might want to look into a series of novels out there that are named something like 'Harlequin Romance' or words similar to that. ;)
William, send me a list of your favorites.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 pm

I to vote 'A', but after reading a few of Zach's comments in this and another thread I think he might want to look into a series of novels out there that are named something like 'Harlequin Romance' or words similar to that. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:05 pm

A. We need to hold on to the bead. I'm still hoping the lizard girl is a tragic heroine that just wanted a new rat friend, but her dad just doesn't understand their true interspecies love.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:56 pm

I vote A

while i am examining the bead i will be negotiating with the raven, tempting it by holding the bead just out of reach and asking it questions, i may yet trade the bead for freedom, but don't want to act too hastily
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:48 pm

I vote C. Who is “food” now Mr. Bird?!

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:37 pm

Thunder wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:40 am
Amine Sensei spoke for me (see below) as well. The paint inconsistencies is a real and serious problem. The new cavern stuff needs to be an exact match. I buy a lot of this stuff and am seriously reconsidering my purchases (and future purchases) - because some of the recent stuff looks like a patchwork quilt of colours/textures on the table.

Consistency is important.

Peace
AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:52 am
I didn't mean to cause contention; I just wanted to be perfectly clear that KS3 and KS4 had very real color consistency issues which made me as a consumer highly frustrated. I am not the type of consumer that likes to have a mismatch on the table unless there is a reason for it. To me, all of the hand waving for explaining how colors are different depending on stonework, geography, etc. are just excuses for poor QC in those two kickstarters. I don't know how else to say it. I love DF, but part of the reason I buy it is for it's "out of the box" usability and consistency. If I wanted variability in that aspect, I'd just order random things from ebay. KS3 and KS4 were outliers and I can forgive that, but it was a problem and I just hope we have been clear enough to have our voices heard that consistency is an issue to a large portion of us.
I don't mind a bit of variation, but I do want the pieces to be sufficiently consistent that there is not a glaring difference that draws the eye. Slight changes in shade across a line is fine, a clear sharp consistent difference between sets is not okay unless they are separate environments. This isn't like a replacement part for my car where I need a perfect match, but it is like when I select stones for my garden. They aren't all the same, but they are similar enough to look like they belong together.

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:25 pm

🔥⚔️Now for Part 4 of Decide your Doom!⚔️🔥
The other ratfolk have a hollowed out appearance and a hopeless look in their eyes. Haunting messages from past prisoners are scratched into the wall of the cramped dirty cell. One reads, “‘CAGES, CAGES, CAGES, CAGES, CAGES!’ -Danther.” Clearly staying here too long induces madness. The ravings of previous prisoners and the despondence of your compatriots, steels your resolve. You have to find a way to escape.

You glance over at the raven perched on his pedestal, and you notice that he is completely enraptured by the pile of sparkly bits on the ground. His eye follows the objects as they sparkle in the dim torch light. You start to bang against bars to see if you can gain the raven’s attention. “Psssst...Hey bird,” you whisper loudly. He takes no notice of the commotion you are making, and he remains enthralled by the shiny objects.

Suddenly you remember that you still have the bead the lizard girl gave to you. You pull it out and hold it in the air, and it immediately catches torchlight and begins to glow a bright red. The raven turns to you immediately and caws, “Gives it! Gives us the red shiny now!” The raven flies from its perch and tries to snatch the bead from you through the bars. You snatch the bead back, alarmed by the raven’s response. “Nice food gives us the shiny and we lets you out,” says the bird with gleam in its eye. What will you do?

💎 Vote A: The bead seams magical, examine it more closely
🐔 Vote B: Give the Raven the bead in exchange for your freedom
🐭 Vote C: Lure the Raven closer and work with the others to capture it
Nina, Valorian Seneschal