Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
User avatar
Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:29 pm
Location: The Forge

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:08 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:14 pm
Love the miniatures previews!

Here is a super exciting miniature preview for KS6!
Image
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

User avatar
dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 6366
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 7:13 pm
Location: Nagoya Japan

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:12 am

Yeah, it is kind of small.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

User avatar
Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:29 pm
Location: The Forge

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 am

Here are some more pictures of our build for our D&D Beyond livestream at Origins Game Fair. If you missed it check out out here:
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/273560873?t=02h29m07s
Image
Image
Image
Image
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

User avatar
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 5104
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:14 am
Location: Flaming bunny Warren, Valoria
Contact:

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 am
Here are some more pictures of our build for our D&D Beyond livestream at Origins Game Fair. If you missed it check out out here:
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/273560873?t=02h29m07s
Image
We don't remember a mid bridge face melting guitar solo ?
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

User avatar
kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:28 am

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 pm
We don't remember a mid bridge face melting guitar solo ?

I did find it strange that for her transformed raging wild tiger character who ate the flesh of her enemies she used a bard mini.

User avatar
ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:16 am
Location: Vancouver, WA

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by ForestZ » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:39 pm

I think what I love most about that chasm build is how hard it is for me to find all the "pieces." It all flows together so great that it looks almost natural.

User avatar
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:03 pm
Location: South Weber, UT

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Do we know what supports the bridge? Is it just a few strings/ropes underneath? Will the real bridge have rope around each log? I'd like to know how it will work.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

User avatar
Archimagus
Orc
Orc
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:59 am
Location: Dublin, Ohio

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by Archimagus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:55 pm
Do we know what supports the bridge? Is it just a few strings/ropes underneath? Will the real bridge have rope around each log? I'd like to know how it will work.
Believe it or not, only magnets. I did not think the prototype would work and was looking for a toothpick to provide hidden support in the middle and it worked without it.

User avatar
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:03 pm
Location: South Weber, UT

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Archimagus wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:55 pm
Do we know what supports the bridge? Is it just a few strings/ropes underneath? Will the real bridge have rope around each log? I'd like to know how it will work.
Believe it or not, only magnets. I did not think the prototype would work and was looking for a toothpick to provide hidden support in the middle and it worked without it.
Oooh, that means the bridge can be as short or as long (within physics) as you need it. I like that. Now that you mention it, it appears to be 3 sections, right? Not each individual log having its own magnets?
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

User avatar
Archimagus
Orc
Orc
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:59 am
Location: Dublin, Ohio

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by Archimagus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:31 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 pm
Archimagus wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:55 pm
Do we know what supports the bridge? Is it just a few strings/ropes underneath? Will the real bridge have rope around each log? I'd like to know how it will work.
Believe it or not, only magnets. I did not think the prototype would work and was looking for a toothpick to provide hidden support in the middle and it worked without it.
Oooh, that means the bridge can be as short or as long (within physics) as you need it. I like that. Now that you mention it, it appears to be 3 sections, right? Not each individual log having its own magnets?
I think it was five sections, three in the middle and the two end pieces. Had little magnets that lined up. Unless they come up with some end section anchoring mechanism, not sure too many more sections could be added. I would assume the weight would be too much for the end sections to stay on top of the edge. But would not be surprised if there was more. Pretty happy with the version I saw. Plus you could always have a pillar in the middle to help support the weight if you wanted to.

Post Reply

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests