Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by William » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:19 pm

I don't know who I am or what level? I try to hug the bear and taunt him to "Kill me quickly", so I can distract the bear and give the others a chance to escape.

That way I can start over in the future with some basic knowledge of myself. I haven't had a character in like 15 years. Besides, I have to get a few things done before the Honey comes home.

Kill that bastard bear ya'll.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:04 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:35 pm
Hooray the bear might win! Oh wait I am not suppose to cheer for the bear.
The bear sees you cheering and seems to swell with pride. Bear has +1 to all attack rolls.
William wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:37 pm
If I'm high enough level to survive the twelve points and have enough to survive an attack of opportunity, I kick a rabbit at the bear's legs [attack of 18, (3) 6's (I need to go to Vegas) with short sword, so 2HP (finally a bad roll) on the rabbit] and toss a roll of toilet paper at the bear's face and run like the dickens. [The bad roll was good, I don't want to kill the bunny, just distract the bear.]

EDIT - I need to run downstairs and find some dice, if we are continuing.
I don't know what level you are :D. You go to kick the rabbit and it dodges your foot. It sticks its little rabbit tongue out at you and runs away. Roll for Damage on your short sword attack. You lift up the roll of toilet paper to throw it but then the bear grumbles, "too many actions grrrrrrr." You are unable to complete the throw.
AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:38 pm
Initiative: 4
I look around the cavern for perhaps the weapons of dead adventurers or some other item that can protect me, whether it be magical or not.
BTW - Are the items on the magic circle removable? I'm assuming they are but was wondering.
You look around and on the ground you see what appears to be a garden rake, a bit of frayed rope, a cast iron skillet, and a book of bawdy limericks.
Yes the items on the magic circle are removable, but who knows what might happen if you pick one up.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Great question... This is real life, right? Do they come off, yes, yes?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Initiative: 4

I look around the cavern for perhaps the weapons of dead adventurers or some other item that can protect me, whether it be magical or not.

BTW - Are the items on the magic circle removable? I'm assuming they are but was wondering.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:37 pm

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:13 pm
Out of the darkness a massive cave bear comes charging toward you. It's eyes are glowing with the same malevolent red of the summoning circle. The hide of the bear is ragged and pockmarked with the healed over cuts and stabs of many weapons. It would seem this bear has set upon more than a few unlucky adventurers, and come out ahead. Before you can react it claws you across the chest, and turns to bite one of the small rabbits that is inexplicably hopping around the cavern. William takes 12 slashing damage, one of the rabbits takes 9 piercing damage. It is now your turns, what will you do?

(the smell is probably bear poo)
If I'm high enough level to survive the twelve points and have enough to survive an attack of opportunity, I kick a rabbit at the bear's legs [attack of 18, (3) 6's (I need to go to Vegas) with short sword, so 2HP (finally a bad roll) on the rabbit] and toss a roll of toilet paper at the bear's face and run like the dickens. [The bad roll was good, I don't want to kill the bunny, just distract the bear.]

EDIT - I need to run downstairs and find some dice, if we are continuing.
Last edited by William on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Hooray the bear might win! Oh wait I am not suppose to cheer for the bear.

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Out of the darkness a massive cave bear comes charging toward you. It's eyes are glowing with the same malevolent red of the summoning circle. The hide of the bear is ragged and pockmarked with the healed over cuts and stabs of many weapons. It would seem this bear has set upon more than a few unlucky adventurers, and come out ahead. Before you can react it claws you across the chest, and turns to bite one of the small rabbits that is inexplicably hopping around the cavern. William takes 12 slashing damage, one of the rabbits takes 9 piercing damage. It is now your turns, what will you do?

(the smell is probably bear poo)
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:05 pm

We roll a 4, 7 and 12 9's

btw what is that smell ?
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Get this;
I have not used my dice in well over a decade so my odd dice are down stairs. I do have board game dice up here, so I grabbed (3) D6 to give me a chance at an initiative between 3 and 18, good enough.
So I rolled, they all stopped on ones, 1...1.....1....WTF? So I would call that, not a three, but a one (1).

Character at this moment- I'm looking at my shoes wondering why they look different, not realizing it's the floor that's changed.

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:51 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:39 pm
I look around. Is there anything posing an immediate threat nearby?
In the chamber there is a very faint torchlight coming from behind you. The only other light in the room is a malevolent red glow coming from the ornate circle that teleported into this place. You hear a low growl coming from ahead of you to the left. Roll initiative :twisted:
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”