Greetings from the Forge: Part 3 Rise of the Greetings

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Greetings from the Forge: Part 3 Rise of the Greetings

Post by zenako » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:39 pm

I am thinking a fair number of the local folks are not actually attending Pax, so where to sit down and eat with a Grub Hub delivery might be challenging. While it is getting warmer in these parts, it is still below freezing in the morning recently and will be only slightly nicer during Pax.

Unless we find someplace suitable right near the Convention center that takes reservations for X, if you have to wander farther out, then the true radius should be time to travel, not blocks or miles away.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 pm

I'm not attending, but has anyone thought of something like Grubhub and just have the meal delivered and meet up?
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 pm

Oh man, Dim-Sum in Chinatown brings back some memories...
The North End is tempting, my sister lived there for a few years.

Anyway, sounds like the beginnings of a plan. I'll give it some thought.
If Law doesn't chime in I might shoot him a PM.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Area 4 in Kendall is one of my favorites, but I was trying to pick a place near the convention center -- since that's where any/most out of towners would already be. If its mainly non-convention attending locals + DF crew, then if the DF crew is staying in a different part of town, that could be a useful search nexus as well.

We'll probably need to make reservations just in case, any where. So once we have an idea of numbers and location, I can start calling around.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Well it is about 10-15 minute walk to the Red Line from the Convention Center and then a 7-10 minute ride to Kendall Sq. It would be roughly a 30 minute walk from the Convention Center to the North End. Cabs and Uber might not be much quicker given city traffic on a weeknight (or any night actually).

So at some level physical proximity might not be a good measure of how long it takes to get to the dining spot and as mentioned, anyplace real close to the center will be packed. Based on previous times being in that area during other similar conventions once you get out a bit from the Center the demand on places drops off noticeably.

Chinatown is not far away and there are a number of good Dim-Sum options there, but those are likely to be banged out I would guess.

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:10 pm

I think Nielsene might have the right idea; a location that's convenient to the convention center.
Also,I have to point out that any decent restaurant is going to be slammed on a Fri/Sat night, so we might want to consider reserving a table.

Zenako, yeah I was thinking Harvard Sq. because there's lots of space (but Kendall too), or somewhere around Faneuil Hall, Copley, or the Gardens, although those might be less convenient.
North End probably has the Best pizza (Italian district) but I always get lost up there.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:37 pm

John D wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 am
Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:50 pm
I'll be flying back to NYC and then on to Boston just in time! I think we can arrange some sort of DF fan meeting somewhere? maybe for some Boston Pizza Pie? Where IS the best place to eat Pizza in Boston anyways?
Well, that's an opportunity too good to pass up - please, save me a seat!
Zenako, Law, Nielsene, any good pizza places left in the Square?
I assume you are asking about Harvard Square and on that I have to plead a level of ignorance about the current range of options. I just don't eat up there that often anymore...
Down near Kendall Square there are a few spots, like Area 4 https://www.areafour.com/
and a whole range of other styles of food. Most are not too far from the Kendall stop on the Red Line. I may or may not be in the state (still working on future travel schedules) which is why I have not jumped in to say I can make it. Might not know until a day before.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:25 am
John D wrote:
I'll be flying back to NYC and then on to Boston just in time! I think we can arrange some sort of DF fan meeting somewhere? maybe for some Boston Pizza Pie? Where IS the best place to eat Pizza in Boston anyways?
What night are we thinking? We should be free on Friday, Saturday after 7 or 8 pm.
I could make either evening work. I'm told Babbo Pizzeria e Enoteca is good, but haven't been there myself. Looks like a reasonable walk from the convention center.

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:25 am

John D wrote:
What night are we thinking? We should be free on Friday, Saturday after 7 or 8 pm.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 am

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”