Are the Classic Dungeon Resin Sets gone for good?

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Are the Classic Dungeon Resin Sets gone for good?

Post by William » Thu May 03, 2018 11:23 pm

If comparing to KS-1 walls, I COMPLETELY agree. :ugeek:
I still haven't finished (started, but) painted my Dungeon Tiles from KS-1 or 2 yet. I was going to match the Master Maze Dungeons but it doesn't work that well, so now I think I'll do something completely different. The Caverns will match the resin so it'll all work together. But the dungeons, still unsure. :?: :idea: 's
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Glad I got a fair share of the master maze dungeon sets as I love the look of them. I like the look of the fieldstone master maze the most for dungeon rooms and corridors.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Hot diggety!

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:47 am

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:14 pm
Resin is NOT done for good. But it IS more rare these days and takes longer to produce...
WONDERFUL to hear! :D :D :D

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:14 pm

Resin is NOT done for good. But it IS more rare these days and takes longer to produce...

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:07 am

Yup. Looks like it.

I recently lucked out and was able to get a resin Room and Passage and 2 Room sets all without bow ties. You never see those for sale anywhere. I feel like that is a good basis for a bow tie-less classic resin collection. Now I am ready for the restock to round it out.

I find it interesting that Wicked Additions 3 didn't make the cut.

I personally think they should do a new resin passage only set with a few each of curved, long, intersection and several short passages. It's pretty hard to get short passages without bow ties.

Ebonsword
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Ebonsword » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:06 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 pm
We have got feedback that likely no water, ice, and woodland sets will be produced in the future due to a variety of reasons.
Interestingly, it looks like resin Woodland sets are part of the Summer 2018 restock. :shock:

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:28 am

unclebilly wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:54 am
As much as I would love to get more resin. If it is not profitable for DF then I can understand why they are not going to do it. Also I like my resin but always feel more comfortable using my dwarvenite at the game table. Nothing like knowing no mater what that stuff is not going to break on you.
Completely agree....and then I build that temple room out of RoTA pieces and my jaw just hits the floor, again.

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:54 am

As much as I would love to get more resin. If it is not profitable for DF then I can understand why they are not going to do it. Also I like my resin but always feel more comfortable using my dwarvenite at the game table. Nothing like knowing no mater what that stuff is not going to break on you.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:18 am

Firstly, I do not speak for DF and am in no way staff... however I will repeat a few things I have heard said by staff unofficially (in person at conventions for example). A few have said that direct reproductions in dwarvenite of resin won't be happening. Similar and complimentary pieces/sets are entirely possible, maybe even likely for some things, but straight up reproductions will not be happening for both artistic and technical reasons.

Also, while I have heard it said resin will stick around for limited production runs of some new things (like catacombs), resin costs have gone up and there are a lot of challenges that at this juncture make it very difficult to have enough margin even with increasing prices. This next part is purely speculation based on my admittedly limited knowledge, but mistakes and transit damage do happen along with production issues so the higher shipping and production costs mean replacements for aggrieved customers who had an issue will be rather costly.

While it has not been officially stated to my knowledge, I do not think there are plans for regular resin production to resume. This is a mixed bag for collectors, their sets will be more valuable but they will be harder to source with more fans around. Dwarvenite is here to stay, for both good and ill. I would say it has more pros than cons but I am sure there are at least some whose opinion differs.