Order shipping method Europe

Zarev85
Kobold
Kobold

Order shipping method Europe

Post by Zarev85 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if someone from Europe who already order from this site knows if we have customs fees when we are from EU ?
And i have another question, what is the difference between "UPS Worldwide expedited" and "UPS Worldwide Economy (Duties and Tax included)" in shipping method ? What is the best choice when we are from EU ?

Thank you for your answers !

NB : I'm from FRANCE

bobywan
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Order shipping method Europe

Post by bobywan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:51 am

Hi from France,

I've ordered (too much) Dwarven Forge from that shop.
Custom fees are random lottery. Sometime I got to pay, sometime I didn't.

For me, best choice is to use the cheapest shipping method, and pray.

ChrilleT
Orc
Orc

Post by ChrilleT » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:53 pm

Have not tried myself but there should be more expensive shipping options that should have taxes and such covered (those you mentioned I believe). I have always taken the cheapest shipping alternative and I believe had to pay taxes on 2 out of 3 orders from the webshop.

Zarev85
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Zarev85 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:01 pm

Ok, thank you very much for your answers ! And do you know how much are the customs fees when you have it ? Is it 20% ?

ChrilleT
Orc
Orc

Post by ChrilleT » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:51 am

Zarev85 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:01 pm Ok, thank you very much for your answers ! And do you know how much are the customs fees when you have it ? Is it 20% ?
My memory is terrible but I did receive a Wyrmwood order this week and there was a 12% Customs fee, a 25% VAT fee and a 12,5€ Administration fee. So my order with a value of 243€ got a total of 104€ added costs. But Sweden have among the highest VAT fees in EU and the Customs fee might be different based on what you import.

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:38 am

In Germany, I pay around 40 to 50% for ahipping plus taxes. Don’t know which is which, and which part, though.
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sat May 15, 2021 4:19 am

Unfortunately, Dwarven Forge doesn't ship anymore with the classical postal service by ship (6 weeks). So it means everytime you order, they pass it to UPS and your package will be declared to the french custom services.
Since there's is no UPS in Europe, LA POSTE will take your package under Chronopost.
It means you'll take automatically 20% of the total amount + fees for the files (right now + 30€). It's a letter you'll got in your mail 2 weeks after.

For an order of 150 you add the fees of your order (100).
You have a total in your basket of 250 + 20% of customs + 30 of file's fee.
So a total around 320€.
We had in the past an european seller, Thod, but ...

EdiTonosi

Post by EdiTonosi » Sat May 15, 2021 11:09 am

Hello,
My journey into collecting DF is pretty fresh but it got to me really fast :lol: Also new to the Forum and i must say that i am amazed what a great community this is. Truly awesome :D
I am not familliar with the whole Post/Shipping process but i wanted to share my experience with you how it works for me. Until now i always took Priority Mail International option to Germany and it always came in 6-9 working days once it went into shipping and i never had to pay extra custom fees or anything :?: had 5 orders this year from 500-850$ orders - the shipping costs were between 100 to max 135$
I do this because i ordered something in the past from another store in the US taking the cheapest shipping option 25-30$ for 5 weeks and in the end i had to pay additional 130 bucks :shock: for a product that was 300 worth and i was absolutely shocked - so then i ordered again :lol: but with the expensive option they had for about 70ish and it came super fast with no additional payment.
Since then :lol: i do the more expensive option and also get the stuff faster :D
Maybe i´m just lucky idk :?: and like said - i don´t know how it works but maybe this opt. could work for you as well..?

MCharod
Orc
Orc

Post by MCharod » Sun May 16, 2021 1:18 pm

Welcome to the forums, EdiTonosi !

I just received an order I did last week on the store, delivering to Belgium.
Total order was $231.00
Shipping (UPS Worldwide Expedited) was another $87.23
And when UPS delivered it at my door, I had to pay another $45 in taxes.

Last year, I had another order from the store and for that I didn't had to pay any extra taxes at delivery.

I guess the changes to VAT in Europe with Brexit caused this, but now i'm a bit worried about Wildlands delivery...if I will need to pay another tax or not, seeing I paid already $1500 in shipping+taxes.

Oh and then in July, there are again changes to how VAT will be handled for Europe:
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/b ... ommerce_en

Starved Hound
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Starved Hound » Sun May 16, 2021 4:50 pm

I feel for you guys, I really do. Same with us here in Northern Ireland. Brexit has been nothing short of a disaster, but that is a whole other topic.

It is now getting silly. Won't be long until there is no point ordering from the US store, due to outrageous taxing practices. Making it only truly available for those who can afford both the price of the product, and all the taxes that come with it.

Putting it out of reach for alot of people interested in the brand.

And welcome to the forums 🙂
The Starved Hound has only just now evolved to run on all fours, like the animal that he is. Currently possess over 2500 pieces of Valoria

Return to “Ask Dwarven Forge”