Should I glue bowties to my old resin pieces?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Should I glue bowties to my old resin pieces?

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:46 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 pm
If you just glue them in (I'm assuming 1/2 of a bowtie per piece), then yes, you will hurt the resale value.

What it sounds like you might want to look into is using something like green stuff to fill in the bowtie, texture it to match the surrounding area, and then paint to match. If you do it well, you could actually INCREASE the resale value.

Stefan did a post on how to do it, thought the pictures are lost.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6070
When I read the post you linked to I remembered seeing images that fit the text... the real clue was that he made little rocks with the excess clay... I found them. They are in the lost images that were posted a long while back. Here is a link to the ones for Stefan's post you linked to:

http://dwarvenforge.com/archivedphotos/ ... tegory/587

I used up all my time finding them... if someone could download them and add them to the thread that would be awesome! Or at least notify the webmaster with the two links (the link to the Stefan's message and the link to the images) and she will get to it as soon as she can.

Thanks!
Done. You're awesome.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:46 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 pm
If you just glue them in (I'm assuming 1/2 of a bowtie per piece), then yes, you will hurt the resale value.

What it sounds like you might want to look into is using something like green stuff to fill in the bowtie, texture it to match the surrounding area, and then paint to match. If you do it well, you could actually INCREASE the resale value.

When I read the post you linked to I remembered seeing images that fit the text... the real clue was that he made little rocks with the excess clay... I found them. They are in the lost images that were posted a long while back. Here is a link to the ones for Stefan's post you linked to:

http://dwarvenforge.com/archivedphotos/ ... tegory/587

I used up all my time finding them... if someone could download them and add them to the thread that would be awesome! Or at least notify the webmaster with the two links (the link to the Stefan's message and the link to the images) and she will get to it as soon as she can.

Thanks!

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 am

Another option: I cut a bunch of bow ties in half, and used a tiny amount of poster putty under the ties to temporarily hold them in the holes. It looks good enough for me, as I don’t anticipate having time to permanently upgrade the pieces.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 pm

102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Joe_biden
Kobold
Kobold

Should I glue bowties to my old resin pieces?

Post by Joe_biden » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:26 pm

I don't use my dwarven forge sets a lot, but i play a bit of D&D every now and then. i have 5 sets (room n passage, trapset 1, wicked additions 1, and a couple more) all in the resin with bowties style.

I don't care too much, and at some point i will probably sell it, but I was wondering if I should just go forth with glueing the half bow-ties to the bowtie slots on my pieces, or if that will potentially lower any resell value? (I would do it right)

Do you have any experience with this dilemma? tbh, I dont mind the bowties at all - but it does seem hard to get any nice additions to my collection that still have bowties, and so i doesn't really fit in.

Return to “Ask Dwarven Forge”