Survey

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re:Survey

Post by biowizard » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:55 pm

In my gmail account, it found its way in the "promotions" folder.

Crimson_King_of_the_Tower
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Crimson_King_of_the_Tower » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:44 pm

I did not receive this survey are they still being sent out? Even looked in the SPAM folder

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:13 am

I want the following

2 Chasms
2 lakes
1 or 2 rivers
2 wicked add # 3
4 more curve corridors (currentlyonly avail in wicked 1)
2 caverous passages
1 or 2 ice caverns
4 medeival
2 medeival addons
2 or 3 catacombs
2 den of evil rooms

And of the new as yet unreleased items:
2 catacombs 2
2 ice cavern 2
3 sewers

Thats about $4k worth

Almost as much as I have currently spent

It would be nice if I could spread it out over 2-3 years but I will buy when it is avail. I generally buy in lots of 500 dollars to 700 dollars ars that has the best (given that shipping the equivalent of rocks is expensive) rates to canada.

Keep up the good work stefan jeff and the warehouse gnomes. We appreciate your efforts.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:45 am

Chinese business culture can be a bit tricky to navigate. If you apply leverage the wrong way it can burn a bridge pretty quick. Face still matters quite a bit over there.

It seems to me that they want to keep resin around as special editions at the very least. The problem is that existing demand for resin isn't supporting sufficiently large orders of some sets right now. If that changes, I am sure they would happily keep them all. If they can't get enough interest to justify orders they obviously can't order. I can understand that those who already have room sets and passage sets want to get more that match. I think that it is also understandable that a lot of folks that came on board with the KS aren't interested in most of the basic sets.

It seems that DF should be able to easily keep doing special resin sets. There seems to be plenty of demand, both from what I see on the boards and what has been communicated by Stefan. If you guys want basic sets in stock in resin, the best bet is to ask for them in the survey and to continue to express interest. I think a preorder campaign that has the caveat that a given set can only be ordered if enough preorders are requested might be the best way to go...

I know there are several sets I do want in resin right now, but I can't really justify buying a room set over the dwarvenite equivalent.

jls304
Orc
Orc

Post by jls304 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:14 am

I can't say I'm happy about ANOTHER price increase and 159 for a room set is crazy. The other price increases arent so bad but common guys. Throw down some leverage at the factory! Sad part is, I sold some sets to pay for my kickstarter with the plan to buy them back when they come back in stock and now I'm worried that maybe that wont happen. PLEASE dont kill the resin line! At least give us warning before you do. I know thats not what you are saying but the writing is on the wall I think, eventually it's going away. I love this company and it's products which is why this hurts. Sure the dwarvenite is cool but I doubt I will like it as much as my resin sets. I feel like someone killed my dog right now.

thebigteacher
Orc
Orc

Post by thebigteacher » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:11 am

Stefan, Preorders are the way to go. I realize that there are minimum order requirements but perhaps you could hold payment until enough are ordered? There could be a countdown device showing how many orders till feasibility.

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 pm

The RotA sets are limited edition, but they have not yet hit their 1,500 set limit.

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:15 pm

JackAttack,
I am not sure of the Realm of the Ancients limited edition count, Jeff will know, but I know that even though some were 1500 or 2500 we may not have reached the total run yet as we order them in batches so we can stock the containers with other stuff as well...every limited edition Set comes with letters of Authenticity and serial numbers....we would never just cast more, when it is finished the molds are destroyed, the factory does not want to use up valuable space with our master old molds...

a container can only hold about 1200 sets...

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Hello Guys,

We DO NOT have plans to absolutely END the Resin Line...I Love the Resin line...the plan has been to restock whatever anyone is interested in based on the survey and then maybe even a pre-order...like we have done in the past...sorry if the wording on the survey has spooked anyone....we threw it together really fast...we are just trying to collect data...we already have 18 years of data but more seems like it can't hurt...at least i thought that...please don't worry...

We may not have enough money to order a 40ft container of resin because more than half of the container will contain the Catacomb 2 Set, so that does not leave a lot of room....we therefore want to know which is the top priority to restock right away...with a lot of interest, and definite pre-orders we may order another container of older restock a month or two after that one...

It is a good point that some of the Resin may cannibalize sales of Dwarvenite, but I feel it won't be that much...at least that is what I think...we will space the two events out somehow...perhaps we will take a preorder for the most popular Resin Sets in November and that would then space out the two payments by 3 months or so?

We will continue to make really kool new Resin products going forward as long as folks buy them...not everything we make can be dwarvenite because that requires SO much money up front and so much quantity for it to make sense....therefore ONLY "blockbuster" designs will be good for dwarvenite...smaller "indy film" type sets will be Resin....even then, maybe in a year or two we will call for another survey and pre-order and so like this, we might continue to restock older original lines if there is a want...

Cost of producing resin has gone up substantially though, so make note of the new pricing, it's as low as we could go and still run our business...

The feedback you are all providing on the surveys and here on the forums in really great an invaluable, Thanks you!

Don't worry, I feel in my heart that everyone will be happy:)

Stefan

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:37 pm

I completed the survey, but of the items listed for possible restock, I clicked everything either "no" or "I don't know."

I do want to buy some resin next spring, but nowhere did I see an option to indicate interest in buying what I'm sure I want first: Catacombs I, then probably Catacombs II if it is anywhere near as cool.

(I'm also almost certain that I will want to buy some cavern sets in 2014. Problem is, I won't know which ones until I know what the Dwarvenite cave tiles are like, and how they compare and match up. So I guess it would be appropriate to wait on restocking those, for me at least.)