Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:01 am

That was fast. I got one for myself and a friend got one so we are ok
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: New Paints, Open Water, and Walls

Post by William » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:10 am

Unpainted Open Water is SOLD OUT already. Glad I ordered 3 sets. :?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:12 am

That is my goal this time, buy the biggest stretch goal pledge I can and let the add-ons come come retail.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

malagrin
Goblin
Goblin

Post by malagrin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:59 am

Blue Prophet I sympathize with you wanting more time between Kickstarters but I really doubt they are having an issue moving product. They still manage to sell out of many things even around the time of the KS projects.

I was in the same boat when this last KS happened I could not afford to buy everything I wanted and even now I am having to stop myself from buying more product to save for KS4. I know for me I just need to be more realistic about my budget and what I really feel is necessary in terms of builds versus what would just be nice to have extra of.

I keep making the mistake of buying most of the add ons and not just getting the 10 set pledge levels where the real value is.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Blue Prophet wrote:I reiterate that I would vastly prefer a Kickstarter every 18 months. Having stuff delivered from the last one right before the starter of the next one means there are a bunch of new things in stock right when they want to raise money. I sincerely think the Kickstarters would be larger if spaced apart more. Plus more inventory would move if people knew they had another 6 months before then next one after stock arrives from the last one.
We went over the price thing before (small bummer) and I agree Pusher Pokorny :P has his addicted (I'm one) and the Chinese New Year schedule, so unless it is stretched to two years between, I don't see the time-line changing. 18 months would be better than 12 to help us fixed incomers (old people).

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:57 pm

Wow, those open waters are expensive. $32 for 16 unpainted. That's $2 per tile, the most basic 2x2 possible. A regular unpainted water set has 28 pieces plus 2 arches, which is $1.40 per tile not counting those arches.

I understand that this order of open water tiles is a new set, probably a smaller run, so probably cost them more than the initial Kickstarter run of items. But there was no picking and packing, so it is simple to package up. I'm disappointed a bit with the price. Still going to buy some if they are available well after KS4.

The timing of this restock (and stocking of KS3) could not come at a worse time. I reiterate that I would vastly prefer a Kickstarter every 18 months. Having stuff delivered from the last one right before the starter of the next one means there are a bunch of new things in stock right when they want to raise money. I sincerely think the Kickstarters would be larger if spaced apart more. Plus more inventory would move if people knew they had another 6 months before then next one after stock arrives from the last one.
Last edited by Blue Prophet on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcgjcg
Goblin
Goblin

Post by jcgjcg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:23 pm

Woot! Open Water!!!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:52 pm

And... there goes $200 i could have spent on KS IV!

Good thing i really don't need or want castles ;) - I will be strong...
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:29 am

Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up three unpainted Open Water Sets and two paints. I think less than 20 are left of the unpainted Open Water. Please save me a few more for a month or two from now after the KS. Ha ha, ya that's going to happen. ;)

DF Suzy - I have an older (new paint) order along with the (new new paints) and 3 Open Water Sets, you have my O.K. to combine the orders to save boxes. :P

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:16 am

geekjeff wrote:Unpainted versions are in the Painted Caverns section for some reason, that might be why you haven't seen them.
Thanks for the info