Sewer request

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Sewer request

Post by arsthein » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:34 am

iceycat wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:15 pm
I'm actually not a fan of the design of the sewer sets. They're too many pieces. To make a rounded corner takes a half dozen pieces, that's just crazy. I also for the life of me can't understand why they have a different number of convex to concave corner pieces when you order them
Hi there! a little late jumping to this thread, I've just found it. I get your point really, I thought the same when I recieve them and start playing around with them (and they are what made me think that I don't like the KS5 passage pieces for building passages in general, although I respect their value as advanced builder pieces).

That said, I would like to bring to anyone's attention that if you don't mind too much the painting difference, I think it is genius that you can use the floor pieces and the sluiceways combined with the rest of the dungeon pieces, that gives so much freedom with a "minimum" amount of sewers pieces needed! Although I originally was expecting some 2X2 Floor, Wall and Corner set, I'm very happy with what we got in the end. And you still can use the walls for narrow sewer passages and the like.

I only miss more canal-type sewers, but now that there are 2x2 water floor pieces from the KS2 Dwarvenite river and lake caverns, you can do it using them. I have plenty of old resin river and lake cavern and I like them more than the Dwarvenite ones, so I was a little bummed that there wasn't a way of getting just the 2x2 water floors, only that now there is one! there are packages of a lot of 2x2 water floors in the online shop. I took 3 of them!!!

Hope it helps,

Greetings!

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:19 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:Found something after 20 min of searching.... I swear there were more pictures than this.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5867&hilit=sewers
Great find AnimeSensei, I do not remember having seen that particular pic of the modular sewer prototypes before.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Found something after 20 min of searching.... I swear there were more pictures than this.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5867&hilit=sewers
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:18 am

While I like the 2x2 used for Dwarvenite caverns. If demand was high for larger Dwarvenite cavern pieces DF could do them. The best way IMO would be to do them as two pieces a floor and a wall and then connect them together. Heck they could use the pins like they used in KS3 rather than glue if they wanted to.

If they ever do do RoTA style dungeons in Dwarvenite doing them as two piece would likely allow for more wall and floor detail.

But back to Sewers.

The first two pics I posted above date back to before KS1 had been delivered the third dates back to around KS3 to my knowledge.

First link is were Stefan showed the first two pics
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6182

Second link involves more discussion about these sewers
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6142

Third link is from the lead up to KS4 and is were I found the third pic
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4&hilit=sewers&start=10

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:00 am

And just because I'm me, I just want to step in and say I like the 2x2. Wish the Sewers could have been done with less pieces overall, but I get it with the material constraints.

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:48 pm

lostpict wrote:I know most folks like the 2x2 format, but I ABSOLUTELY love the 4x4 format from the resin caverns and rivers. It makes building large lay-outs so speedy. In fact it is one of the things I really like about the City Builder roads and buildings. I would love to see dungeons, sewers, and other things in this format.
+1

(A very small factor, but still remains a factor, of why I prefer resin overall)

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:13 pm

Things like the old Ogres Den. A wizards lab, a throne room, a torture chamber, a dwarven forge, a headroom, a storeroom, a solar, a spider lair, a backroom, etc.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:56 pm

4x4x dungeon pieces would be great indeed.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:41 pm

I know most folks like the 2x2 format, but I ABSOLUTELY love the 4x4 format from the resin caverns and rivers. It makes building large lay-outs so speedy. In fact it is one of the things I really like about the City Builder roads and buildings. I would love to see dungeons, sewers, and other things in this format.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:22 am

I remember seeing pictures of the 4x4 sewer sets; I'd bet they were lost with the change in forums however. They were white WIP pieces, just like the ones posted above. They also had the same concave shape, but were wider. That's all I remember.
Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:Stefan?
(Tag to draw attention) :)