Are we playing games?

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Re: Are we playing games?

Post by DFSuzy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:30 am

No problem!

You can always email us directly with any questions like this - once we complete this consolidation process, your "trick" will give more accurate results ... but for now, we need to keep this system in place for our purposes.

Thanks!

Suzy

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks Suzy!

No hard feelings, i got the pack i wanted... i just would have structured my purchases differently (as would Blue Prophet) to help bolster the KS4 totals for DF.

Appreciate the honest communication.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:09 am

Hi Guys,

No, there is nothing nefarious going on at all. As you may or may not know, we have, over the past year, been moving all of our inventory into one fulfillment location in order to better serve you. This is a huge process, which is why it has taken the better part of the past year to organize. We have one more location to move, and to prepare for this, we are doing our best to sell as much as we can from that location before the move in order to make it more efficient (and less expensive). The inventory levels listed are set to expediate this process. This is to help us to make fewer errors in fulfilling your orders, not to "mess with the minds" of our customers. We are extremely grateful that each and every one of our customers are wiling to support this venture, so it is not in our best interest at all to manipulate them in any way. I am sorry if we have ever given the impression that we would do something like that.

Since our sets are expertly hand painted by actual humans just as we claim, the manufacturing process takes time, so unfortunately, as well as we plan ahead to make sure that we keep everything in stock, occasionally we have items which suddenly become very popular and run out before we are able to restock them. We really do our best to prevent this from happening, but we do not live in a perfect world and sometimes we run out of something temporarily. At this point in time, we intend to keep all of our Dwarvenite items available, so if an item does run out, we will get a restock for it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please remember that you can always just ask us any specific question that you may have by emailing dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com.

Thanks much!

Suzy

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:24 am

I don't think that DF is manipulating inventory. I think they got a shipment and/or adjusted the inventory amounts in the webstore just as KS4 ended.

During KS4 I too was watching a few unpainted items that I really wanted in the store: Narrow Passages (love the 45s and wanted some more cheaper wall options) and Dungeon Passage #4 (wanted to try these myself along with #3 to see if I am happy with the alignment problems - I may try shaving my corners to adjust the fit issues). I knew that the Dungeon Passage #4 was down to 1 qty and the Narrow Passages were down to 5 qty (I wanted to order 2 packs of these). So I put together an order for these which was a couple hundred dollars that did not go into the Kickstarter. This was based on past experience of things being out of stock for a long time, I didn't want to wait months. There was no indication these would be restocked soon, so I bought them.

Literally the day after the Kickstarter ended and after I had ordered, there were new stock amounts. I think it said there were 13 qty of the Dungeon Passage #4 packs and 44 qty of the Narrow Passages. I could have maybe waited a month to get these things and had some more money to put into the pledge manager for KS4, but I can only make decisions based on past behavior.

I think it would be in everyone's best interest if DF was very upfront about when they are expecting new inventory and a list of what items. The exact date isn't as important as the exact month. Quantities would help too, although I can see reasons to not be that specific.

Also, if they had updated the inventory during KS4, I would have waited on the store purchases a month or two and put the money in the KS. I didn't want to risk someone else buying those low quantities and having to wait 6 months or something. It's like a juggling act trying to figure out purchases from DF. I must factor in how much I want or like something, its cost, and estimated availability (based on quantity, my guess on how popular it is, my guess on how soon a restock will happen). I am literally kicking myself for not getting the resin Lake set that was in stock like 2 years ago, I didn't think at the time that it would not be reprinted.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:34 pm

They did say that they would be attempting to restock some things along with the KS shipments, but if I recall correctly they were not certain what or how much at first since they had to find out how much space would be available in the container. I would assume that the inventory return information was likely accurate at the time and was adjusted as more stock either arrived or was located (as occasionally happens).

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:28 pm

dice4hire wrote:... or maybe they switched warehouses and found stuff that had slipped throug the electronic store cracks.
Suzy said that this is what happened with the resin pieces that mysteriously showed up last summer.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:12 pm

I do not really know about the stock situation, but I know some KSIII items are limited in quantities and those quantities have not changed for a few months. I did notice that Curved Walls (grey) were out of stock for a while then came back.

I doubt DF is manipulating the stock levels for any nefarious reason, just limiting quantities to try to allow everyone to get a good supply. The last thing they want is for things to be bought up and then appear en masse on ebay at double the price.

All that said, it does appear they have stock that appears from nowhere like the resin stuff that appeared and sold out in a hurry last year. I guess inventories can do that for many businesses, or maybe they switched warehouses and found stuff that had slipped throug the electronic store cracks.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Perhaps they received stock with the KS3 shipment (I believe I heard restock items were in the shipment that had many replacement parts for folk who received damaged or mis-shipped items), and have been so busy with fulfillment and fixing orders that they didn't get the restock posted until during KS4. There was quite a bit of overlap there...

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Runeweaver wrote:There has been a continuous gripe that they don't keep product in their stores, thus turning away new customers who can't get all of the stuff that we old timers talk about. Of course dwarvenite has helped that.
This has been the biggest issue with the webstore. I'm glad they have some stuff in stock; there have been times where almost everything was gone.

Maybe the idea of putting extras in the cart to ascertain inventory was incorrect? Maybe a container came in? We might never know. :(
Last edited by AnimeSensei on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:07 pm

I too need to be careful how I word my response as I want to come off in the highest respect for your post.

What I am reading from your post is that you used a "trick" to help you ascertain the DF inventory of certain sets, you reacted to it, and it was incorrect. You are now frustrated that you could have spent your money better. If I am reading that correctly, then it is no fault of DF, and rather the misinformation that your maneuver provided you. DF is under no obligation to keep the hidden values of inventory at current value. Now, if they posted the inventories publicly, then my statement wouldn't hold any merit.

IF I read all of that correctly, then I'm afraid your have no one else to blame but yourself and the perceived value of that trick. Perhaps in the future you use the trick and take its result with a grain of salt. I for one am happy that they are attempting to keep inventories higher. There has been a continuous gripe that they don't keep product in their stores, thus turning away new customers who can't get all of the stuff that we old timers talk about. Of course dwarvenite has helped that.

Hope you take this response in the manner in which it was intended, kindly disagreeing with your post.

Edited for grammar - dang iPad typing.