Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Session One new campaign :::: The Onus

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 am

Oldent wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:10 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:16 am
Ok so this may not help anyone but we just ordered 13 2x4x4 inch blocks of packing foam for £20 ($28) - as it is a UK based firm we got free delivery.

https://www.efoam.co.uk/

They cut to size and the first block is expensive (£8) but the more you add the cheaper they get (kinda).

So we chose 2x4x4 bricks as this size is the smallest we'd want and 13 should give us a bunch of options

They are made packing foam so may not have a great deal of strength they do other foams - the Closed cell polyethylene foam is more rigid but more expensive.

Will be interested in how useable they are.
It is more cost effective for me to cut mine from the closed cell foam/pink foam.
I am interested in how you decided what size and how many to order.
The size was based on a CBS single floor thinking that this would be the smallest size we'd want and the amount was based on how many could I get for £20 :)
GODofwar wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:57 pm
Rabbit has a nobleman's love of fine things.

Weasels are content with Junkyard Dog foam sliced up with Hotwire Foam Factory tools!
Let us know how you like it, Rabbit. Not that I could pay to schlep even great foam to the USA...

TLW
When it comes to our hobbies - yeah we like the nice stuff. Demands on my time result in not enough time to delve into the skills that many have here of creating your own terrain, I have several large boxes of old toys, packaging, cartons etc to make terrain with, we even have a whole bunch of Hirst arts molds. Guess how much terrain we have made ?

We have tremendous respect for your guys that cobble amazing terrain from everyday items, the imagination and skills on show on this forum are breathtaking - hats off to you lot :D

Will let you know if these prove to be effective.
I am the Game and I want to Play

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Ok so this may not help anyone but we just ordered 13 2x4x4 inch blocks of packing foam for £20 ($28) - as it is a UK based firm we got free delivery.

They cut to size and the first block is expensive (£8) but the more you add the cheaper they get (kinda).

So we chose 2x4x4 bricks as this size is the smallest we'd want and 13 should give us a bunch of options

They are made packing foam so may not have a great deal of strength they do other foams - the Closed cell polyethylene foam is more rigid but more expensive.

It is more cost effective for me to cut mine from the closed cell foam/pink foam.
I am interested in how you decided what size and how many to order.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:

Rabbit has a nobleman's love of fine things.

Weasels are content with Junkyard Dog foam sliced up with Hotwire Foam Factory tools!
Let us know how you like it, Rabbit. Not that I could pay to schlep even great foam to the USA...

TLW
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:16 am

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Thank you for the nice setup dice4hire.

I must admit I am VERY jealous of your neat black 2"*4"*8" foam blocks.
I guess shipping those across the ocean would be very costly and I'm wondering if we can find an alternate local North American sourcing.

While still looking for the perfect solution, I stumbled on those 2"*8"*12" black foam blocks that look quite good: https://www.yogadirect.com/foam-yoga-brick-2-inch.html

and this one: https://www.stagestep.com/product/foam- ... -x-2-inch/

If anyone can find something better, please post!!!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Yeah, they bricks are really very high quality. 45kg load is a lot.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:03 am

I saw the photos on facebook. Very cool.

My texture roller suggestion does not work very well with beaded expanded foam. I could not see the beads in the forum photos.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:13 am

Fabulous build and you get a real sense of depth - great job :)

Been looking at foam and polystyrene blocks, not yet found anything to shout about.
Will check out Rakuten as they bought out Play 247 a few years back which I used to do a lot of business with many years ago.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:49 am

Dice4hire just solved his shipping issue -

you send us styrofoam, we send you DF - you save on shipping and we get the cool blocks we can't get over here ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:10 am

The bricks you are using look awesome. I checked google but can not find any thing like them in the states. Does anyone know any place to get them for a good price here ?