Invincibleoverlord: The answer to where he has been.

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Invincibleoverlord: The answer to where he has been.

Post by zoroaster100 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:51 am

I am saddened to hear of Mike's passing. I had the pleasure to meet him and to run a weekly Dungeons and Dragons game for him and some mutual friends for about two years, running the entirety of the Shackled City adventure path. His creativity and enthusiasm knew no bounds. I lost touch with him after that and only heard second hand once in a while from some of our mutual friends about his struggles. He created works of art when only a relatively few Dwarven Forge products where available as building blocks, by using them in novel and clever ways. I can only imagine what he would have built with all the Dwarven Forge and other products available today in this golden age of miniatures. Rest in peace, Mike.

Ski_
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Ski_ » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Very sad news-- thank you Apocalypse Nerd for taking the time to share this with us. IO-- your builds were epic and you will live on as inspiration and through many of our own builds. Thank you for sharing your work and for being a significant and memorable part of our community.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Rest in peace Mike. As IO, you brought great joy and awe and inspiration to many many people, myself included. Everyone who collect Dwarven Forge and has seen you set-ups will always remember you.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Thank you for the inspiration IO.

Bossman
Orc
Orc

Post by Bossman » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Sad news indeed. He will live on through the inspiration he has given to others.

Rodenbach
Orc
Orc

Post by Rodenbach » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:36 pm

This really breaks my heart. He was the one who brings me back to RPG and to dwarven forge. He inspired a lot of my own setups and still after all those years I am not reaching his knees. It is so sad to loose such a creative spirit. I considered him as my spiritual guru in rpg scenery. I passed so much hours looking every details of every pictures of him.
I feel so sad :(
More pictures and threads on my blog (Mostly in French)

Also check my DF Facebook page (Mostly in English)

NinjaMeesta
Orc
Orc

Post by NinjaMeesta » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:11 am

Thank you Apocalypse Nerd for sharing this sad news. His set ups, and ability to tell stories through his photos; awed me. RIP Mike.
Thank you Nina for your tribute.

:|
Mees

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:07 am

Indeed terrible news.
I found his photos in 2006 and discovered DF with him.
I'm so sorry to hear that too.

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:42 am

I have shared this sad news with everyone here in the office. We are deeply saddened to hear this. Stefan and Nate are especially distraught at this news. We will remember him for his creativity, his epic builds, and his great contributions to the Dwarven Forge community. He was truly a legend among gamers and lovers of table top terrain. I did not know him personally, but Stefan had stories of Mike helping at conventions and what a great guy he was. He will be missed.

As an aside. Many of us have struggled with grief and depression at some point in our lives. It can lead you to isolate yourself, and to think no one cares. If you are struggling with these sorts of feelings please reach out to someone before you act on it, there are always more people who care about you than you realize.
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Oldent wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:07 am
I am sorry to hear about this. I met Mike at Gen Con. He will be missed.
I too am very sorry to hear this, and that he had such struggles.

I met him at the same GenCon, and he was quite excited to be there to show off his builds on the TV in the middle of the booth. He was incredibly creative and had amazing builds that were quite an inspiration.