Inaugural Wyrmwood MGT Build

merck90
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Inaugural Wyrmwood MGT Build

Post by merck90 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:05 am

Thanks y'all!
Grumpy Gnome wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:40 pm I am curious about the party, their quest and the outcome now. Did it really end in their deaths?
I do have to admit that this was just a "for fun" build, so no player characters' souls were harmed in the making of this build. At least not yet, I do have a group returning to in-person games May 2nd, so I might use this build with a few tweaks.
zenako wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:50 pm The table provides a natural drop in elevation that you were able to incorporate very nicely. That makes certain builds a LOT easier to contemplate. Thanks for making an account to post on here and welcome to the forums.
kitenerd wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:51 am It never occurred to me to build from tabletop level down to the well - i love the idea - i will now have to figure the drop on the table i intend to build to make that work - thank you!!!
Being able to have some multilevel builds using the game deck/rails is probably the thing that has me most excited about this table. Wont have to worry about large blocks of foam or other fillers. I'm especially excited for when Wildlands arrives. Then I can quickly build up an entire mountain side up from the vault to the game deck level with some encounters in the valley and the mountain summit all in one build.

Grumpy Gnome
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Grumpy Gnome » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:30 am

Ah ok. I thought from looking at the photos it was a party with a very high level Paladin and some sort of Angel (and any other party members out of sight, like a sneaking rogue), which I have to admit I found fascinating. Then to think that they may have made it to the final villain at the end, only to result in their deaths to be rather tragic.
Rick, the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:27 pm

Grumpy Gnome wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:30 am Ah ok. I thought from looking at the photos it was a party with a very high level Paladin and some sort of Angel (and any other party members out of sight, like a sneaking rogue), which I have to admit I found fascinating. Then to think that they may have made it to the final villain at the end, only to result in their deaths to be rather tragic.
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

merck90
Kobold
Kobold

Post by merck90 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:01 pm

Yeah, I just grabbed the minis that happened to be available in the storage right by the table. I figured it would help liven up the build. Perhaps I can make up for it with a different dnd story:

I did recently have a high level party fight a beholder and its lackeys in a lair full of lava and precarious heights that had been sealed off with ice from the Ring of Winter. While I didn't have that session in mind when making this build, I suppose there was a subconscious influence - looking back on it. In that game, the high level party's paladin did make the ultimate sacrifice. The party eventually prevailed, but the paladin had jumped in the way to take the beholder's disintegration ray to take the hit for a heavily damage party member. And while that was a noble deed, the dice were not in his favor. The total disintegration damage was 3 more than his remaining HP.

Grumpy Gnome
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Grumpy Gnome » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:10 pm

That is what it is to be a Paladin.
Rick, the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:14 am

Several things here:

Welcome merck :) about bloody time!

Gorgeous table and cracking build, looked like you were determined to include as many biomes as possible :)

You need more bridges #justsayin

The table is beautiful, seen some of the Wyrmwood footage of how they build them, might have jumped on the KS had we had anything like the room. Also they did not release a Wargame table initially.

Stoopid Paladins!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:09 pm

Looks amazing! Welcome to the forums!

I especially like the lemure pool on its side. Very creepy!
101 Resin and 293 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:41 am

What do you think of the table? Please share your thoughts, now and again down the road after using it for a while.

I seriously considered getting one, they had a fun campaign. But just left it at a $1 pledge, as it wasn't justifiable at the cost for me right now. Also, there were things that I saw about the Rathskeller table that just had the KS which I liked more, though some aspects of Wormwood are nicer.

I might reconsider when they have another KS, so please give lots of opinions.

Starved Hound
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Starved Hound » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:59 pm

I was going to go for one during their last KSer but other things came up, such is life. But I was talking with the missus the other night, and when they have their next one I am going to pull the trigger on one.

It can go in the kitchen for smaller builds. Don't even want to think about the postage and customs to the UK 😭

Oh and super build merck90 🙂
The Starved Hound has only just now evolved to run on all fours, like the animal that he is. Currently possess over 1800 pieces of Valoria

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:25 am

This is awesome. So many fantastic touches -- the use of the portal, the epic stairs on a light tray (it would seem, at least), the use of the large bridge and the lava, the Jade temple pieces. Really great transitions, too. So many different elements from different sets and they all work together it's like they were designed to work this way. Just a fantastic build.

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”