The Yellow Prophecy

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: The Yellow Prophecy

Post by Runeweaver » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Feymous wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:40 pm
"2&1/2 days to game"! So awesome. I've got to start floating this idea with the folks I game with :D

I only made it as far as the first overhead city pic before pausing for several minutes to study all the wonderful details in this setup. The diverse city buildings, the harbor, the market, all the townsfolk. Looks awesome.

If you insist on so carefully detailing you setups, you only have yourself to blame for lots of questions ;)

May I please inquire where you obtained the following:
- largest of the ships (with the furled sails)
- butcher stall and notice board in the marketplace
- ramparts and watchtowers of the hobgoblin camp

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, Feymous. Your praise is always warmly appreciated. (I love your set ups)

You asked about the ship. That is from Kobblestone minis. Here is a previous post about them that I did. https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... =23&t=7010

The posting in the middle of the market is by Miniature Building Authority (another fav).

Butcher stall is from Mirilton minis (French company I think, good luck navigating their website. Their minis are 25mm, so that you are aware.)

The hobgoblin war camp palisade is from 4terrain that is found on thingiverse.com. I printed all of that on my 3d printer, including the watchtowers (that was a pain). Those are of the viking palisade models. Worked out pretty well.

Feymous
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Feymous » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:40 pm

"2&1/2 days to game"! So awesome. I've got to start floating this idea with the folks I game with :D

I only made it as far as the first overhead city pic before pausing for several minutes to study all the wonderful details in this setup. The diverse city buildings, the harbor, the market, all the townsfolk. Looks awesome.

If you insist on so carefully detailing you setups, you only have yourself to blame for lots of questions ;)

May I please inquire where you obtained the following:
- largest of the ships (with the furled sails)
- butcher stall and notice board in the marketplace
- ramparts and watchtowers of the hobgoblin camp

Thanks for sharing!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Not read the words yet but the pictures are FAB :)

Saving for the next lunchtime we have free.

Some great setups love the city and docks, you just need some CBS in there to really pack it out ;)
So much to enjoy.

Great job Rw :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:15 pm

Thanks for all the praise. Much appreciated. Promind and Anime, it was too bad you two couldn’t make it. Was a blast!

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:14 pm

zenako wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 pm
really nice and something to aspire to. Many decades ago our group would have (and did) do long weekends full or unabashed gaming, but adulthood has curtailed both the amount of energy and ability to stay awake for that long.

One question, how much of that was set up all at once, versus folks taking a quick break while the WorldMaster swapped in the new terrain?
Many decades ago I did game all night. I have decided as I get older that I still love gaming! We can’t do it all the time, but a few of us get together every 6 months and do a full on bash. I have other groups that I game with more regularly. Truth is, I work a ton, too much! But what is working good for? Time is what is important to me now (among other things) and I value it highly. The time I do have, I make sure I get some good gaming in.

To answer your question of set up - that takes some practice. In the vault of the table I had pre-set up the burrows (warrens) and the temple. I then covered them in black suede for a fog of war effect. I like how suede (faux) falls on DF. Covers it but leaves plenty to the imagination as you can’t quite make out shapes. Then I put the leaves on and closed up the table. That is the time consuming part and it was all done before my guests arrived. Then I put down the water mat, and then the cloth mat over that. It makes the break down and set up super fast. Plus my War Room is set up to help me do this even quicker. Set up between scenes was never more than 15 minutes and more commonly 5. The one exception was the Hobgoblin War Camp. That took about 20 minutes and I practiced setting it up prior to the game so that I could put it out quickly.

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:53 pm
Q: is that a Geek Chic table you are playing on? Also curious about the various mats you were using and where in the world that ginourmous Carrion Crawler worm min on the bridge is from! :D
Yes sir. A Geek Chic Sultan. Highlander version, meaning seats 7. Wonderful table. Too bad they aren’t made anymore. A true piece of art.

I use several types of mats. Recently I’ve been experimenting with Cigar Box Mats. A small company that makes cloth mats. This allows you to include natural topography in your terrain. Very cool. I also use F.A.T mats as I love how they store and look. They are in essence a giant mouse pad with very impressive art.

Yep, that is the Great Mother. She is just...horrible. :evil:

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:58 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:14 pm
That bridge fight looked awesome.

Someday I'll make it to your neck of the woods. :)
Anime is one of those individuals that may be reading the post and why I can’t answer the above question of, “is it over?” :D

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:57 pm

MrMorden wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:45 pm
Very nice! Will the party have to confront the Snake God again, or is this arc completed?
Excellent question, and as some may read this post I hesitate to answer. But know this...not all as it seems to be. :twisted:

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 pm

really nice and something to aspire to. Many decades ago our group would have (and did) do long weekends full or unabashed gaming, but adulthood has curtailed both the amount of energy and ability to stay awake for that long.

One question, how much of that was set up all at once, versus folks taking a quick break while the WorldMaster swapped in the new terrain?

Mitch
Orc
Orc

Post by Mitch » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:53 pm
where in the world that ginourmous Carrion Crawler worm min on the bridge is from! :D
That's Mashaaf (The Great Old One) from Reaper's Bones 2 KickStarter.

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”