Naeblis Dwarven Forge Universe

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Naeblis Dwarven Forge Universe

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:27 am

Loving your commitment to the cause Naeblis :)

On that table you will be able to create some big builds, though while we envy that kind of build space, its the storage space that gives most DooFers angst.

Love the 3 Doomroller alley crusher special, you just don't want to be walking past on your way to shops when those are unleashed!

We too bought a Doom roller as a means to protect our castle, albeit only one, and we intend to use it on the inside, only to be used in case of a gatehouse breach where it would be used as an emergency doorstop.

Very much looking forward to pictures of some Epic builds :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:48 am

Fu-Man Chu wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:09 am
zenako wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:05 pm
Naeblis wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:49 am

i cannot match your drawing skilz so ill use this orc to fill in for the orange guy.
Well that was some highpowered pro level powerpoint hacking I used.... :D

Really like your demi/semi balls of doom on/in the ground and those bloody bits nearby. (Wait the more I look at the picture it could just be the photo that makes them look like half balls...)

Orc in Lava is not good fit for the orc, I was thinking he might try to perch on that irregular rocky spot nearby. The clear backup plan is to have some boiling oil nearby to douse those below with even more hot welcomes to add to the burning lava and trap torch on the side wall.

I will say this is a very novel use for the Doom Rollers, usually just appear in a hallway by itself, not linked up with other balls of death for a wide alley welcome to the bad guys.
Looking forward to some epic setups!

And I liked the depiction - reminiscent of those old Grimtooth traps and Dragon magazine one pagers!
Ooooh, good idea, I should dig out those old books and set up a few for my players to deal with this spring. Some of those were classic.

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:13 am

Naeblis wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:07 pm
zenako wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:43 am
As a certain Australian outback personality would say, "Now that's a table!"

Either the rest of the household plays or you have a very understanding family to commandeer that room with that much DF.

Did you attach the 4 sheets of plywood together in any way to avoid slippage? I know I used some ties to keep the legs of my four table together for that reason. (Although my tables are only 2.5 x 5 foot each for a 10 x 5 play/build area. You have a 16 x 7 foot working space. I was going to mention, reaching the middle can be a challenge with that much of a span.
Very understanding family. sadly I don’t even have a group (yet)
Are you in the Folsom area still? I used to live in the Arden area.

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:09 am

zenako wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:05 pm
Naeblis wrote:
zenako wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:50 am
Well if I was attacking that defense I would see one possible weak spot, right along the wall below the DOOM Balls. The natural trajectory will leave a small safe spot right below them.

Doom Ball.jpg
i cannot match your drawing skilz so ill use this orc to fill in for the orange guy.

Really like your demi/semi balls of doom on/in the ground and those bloody bits nearby. (Wait the more I look at the picture it could just be the photo that makes them look like half balls...)

Orc in Lava is not good fit for the orc, I was thinking he might try to perch on that irregular rocky spot nearby. The clear backup plan is to have some boiling oil nearby to douse those below with even more hot welcomes to add to the burning lava and trap torch on the side wall.

I will say this is a very novel use for the Doom Rollers, usually just appear in a hallway by itself, not linked up with other balls of death for a wide alley welcome to the bad guys.
Looking forward to some epic setups!

And I liked the depiction - reminiscent of those old Grimtooth traps and Dragon magazine one pagers!

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 am

Wow! Welcome to the Addiction!! Nice game room and impromptu table. So much room for Doom!!!!
I look forward to you filling it with glorious builds and lots of pics!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:55 pm

zenako wrote:
Well if I was attacking that defense I would see one possible weak spot, right along the wall below the DOOM Balls. The natural trajectory will leave a small safe spot right below them.

Doom Ball.jpg
Doomball is the national pastime of Valoria, right?
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:24 pm

I love the idea of hiding the gatehouse at the end of a trapped blind alley - perfect secure entry!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Naeblis wrote:
zenako wrote:

Doom Ball.jpg

Naeblis
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Naeblis » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:49 am

zenako wrote:

Doom Ball.jpg
Attachments
running to the wall was not the best idea.jpg
running to the wall was not the best idea.jpg (172.41 KiB) Viewed 1103 times

Naeblis
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Naeblis » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:17 am

64 different skus for a total of 472 items. some were sets (the most $$) the others were just lots of qty

4-ERIM-P Erinthor Mountains Set 7
IPS-P Imperial Streets 5
HAM-P hamlet/stretch goal set 5

4-8X8FMAG-U 8 x 8 Floors (Dwarvenite ) 44
4-MOUF-P Mountain Floor Pack 24
4-SQUR-U Square Roof Platform Pack 23
DP-P Double Posts Add-On Pack 21

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”