Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Inn of the Welcome Wench

Post by GardenDM » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:03 am

patransom wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:38 pm
William wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:50 pm
It looks like the non-DF center wood tiles are only replacing three typical 4x4 floors anyway. I could see that section as stone if someone didn't have extra wood floors. And it would tie in the support element for the stone columns.
This is a good idea. Too bad I took the inn down already, otherwise I'd try it to see how it looks.

It also occurs to me that I could have made the kitchen from stone. That would have freed up enough floors for the center of the inn (I had one DF 4x4 wood floor left over) and also allowed me to make the kitchen more to the scale of the original map (square instead of rectangular).
Another good idea! Stone kitchens are easier to clean and less likely to burn down! :o

patransom
Orc
Orc

Post by patransom » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:38 pm

William wrote:
It looks like the non-DF center wood tiles are only replacing three typical 4x4 floors anyway. I could see that section as stone if someone didn't have extra wood floors. And it would tie in the support element for the stone columns.
This is a good idea. Too bad I took the inn down already, otherwise I'd try it to see how it looks.

It also occurs to me that I could have made the kitchen from stone. That would have freed up enough floors for the center of the inn (I had one DF 4x4 wood floor left over) and also allowed me to make the kitchen more to the scale of the original map (square instead of rectangular).

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:14 pm

Great set up! A nice last pint before the party is thrown into the maw of elemental evil. :twisted:

Gelatinous Cube
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Gelatinous Cube » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:11 pm

What a great build! Second the notes about integrating the different pieces...
Free to a good home. Affectionate but can be clingy. Good source of Iron. Not suitable for Adventurers under the Level of 4.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Nicely done! Looks great!~

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:13 pm

William wrote:
Very nice, 8-)
I keep seeing those lighted columns in everyone's builds, guess I need some.

Thanks for posting. :)
That's a cool design idea as well. Perhaps the inn was originally much smaller or a private house and made of stone. After multiple renovations to expand it, the central stone floors and pillars remain, while the new additions were made in cheaper building material, wood.

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Post by Gargs454 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:05 pm

Very awesome build.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:50 pm

Very nice, 8-)
I keep seeing those lighted columns in everyone's builds, guess I need some.

Thanks for posting. :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Hommlet has never looked so good. I like how you mixed in a few pieces from *other places* so seamlessly. Great illustration of how to stretch what you've got to create a really coherent build.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:57 am

Awesome build! I'm always interested in Inn builds since they vary so much in scale and composition.

I think the stone LED pillars work if you're not using a 2nd layer since it gives the impression that the building requires these huge support pillars in the center portion.

Nice work!

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”