January 2020 theme build challenge: Worshipping the Frog God

Weltenlaeufer
Orc
Orc

Re: January 2020 theme build challenge: Worshipping the Frog God

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:39 am

William wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:18 pm
I sprayed flat varnish over both sides of them, them sprayed bottom with a texture cote to make them easier to lift off smooth surfaces. Painted the colors, then sprayed on a gloss varnish. They will always have a bit of flex, but I'm O.K. with it, hope she is too. :?:
I only did the textured bottom because they were "sticking" to table top, due to their flatness. They were not really sticking, just hard to lift without a long fingernail, card or tool. Now they are easy to grab.

My first batch I did for myself were out of Sculpey. When I did those I made a very thin clay base first, then added each pad. On the Green Stuff set, I just started linking pads together without a base.

Good luck, they are pretty easy.
1458a.jpg
You might want to go farther than I did and put the 'v' into each where the stems are and the leaf unfolds out from there. I did a few flowers, but gave up quickly. ;)
Thanks William! They look fantastic and they really add a lot to the scenery, I gonna give this a try! :)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:18 pm

I sprayed flat varnish over both sides of them, them sprayed bottom with a texture cote to make them easier to lift off smooth surfaces. Painted the colors, then sprayed on a gloss varnish. They will always have a bit of flex, but I'm O.K. with it, hope she is too. :?:
I only did the textured bottom because they were "sticking" to table top, due to their flatness. They were not really sticking, just hard to lift without a long fingernail, card or tool. Now they are easy to grab.

My first batch I did for myself were out of Sculpey. When I did those I made a very thin clay base first, then added each pad. On the Green Stuff set, I just started linking pads together without a base.

Good luck, they are pretty easy.
1458a.jpg
1458a.jpg (51.65 KiB) Viewed 237 times
You might want to go farther than I did and put the 'v' into each where the stems are and the leaf unfolds out from there. I did a few flowers, but gave up quickly. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Weltenlaeufer
Orc
Orc

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:03 pm

William wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:09 am
Very nice, Feymous. 8-) 8-)

First showing of the lily pads. :)
FYI, these were a gift to the cause, when I was granted access to her lair. Awesome play-place.

Have been waiting for a post with them to show off. Made with Green Stuff and care. ;)

Wow, the whole scene is just beautiful. You have a certain je ne sais quoi. Also love the ivy that's attached to the red poppy flowers. Is it Noch or some other brand? Thanks for the post. :)
Wow, really, really cool William!!

What did you use to seal them off and make the greenstuff harden before you painted them?

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:09 am

Very nice, Feymous. 8-) 8-)

First showing of the lily pads. :)
FYI, these were a gift to the cause, when I was granted access to her lair. Awesome play-place.

Have been waiting for a post with them to show off. Made with Green Stuff and care. ;)
Feymous Lilypads 01.jpg
Feymous Lilypads 01.jpg (97.26 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Feymous Lilypads 02.jpg
Feymous Lilypads 02.jpg (63.62 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Feymous Lilypads 03.jpg
Feymous Lilypads 03.jpg (65.98 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Feymous Lilypads 04.jpg
Feymous Lilypads 04.jpg (139.97 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Feymous Lilypads 05.jpg
Feymous Lilypads 05.jpg (96.95 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Feymous Lilypads 06.jpg
Feymous Lilypads 06.jpg (88.58 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Feymous Lilypads 07.jpg
Feymous Lilypads 07.jpg (102.97 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Feymous Lilypads 08.jpg
Feymous Lilypads 08.jpg (118.01 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Feymous Lilypads 09.jpg
Feymous Lilypads 09.jpg (83.99 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Wow, the whole scene is just beautiful. You have a certain je ne sais quoi. Also love the ivy that's attached to the red poppy flowers. Is it Noch or some other brand? Thanks for the post. :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Weltenlaeufer
Orc
Orc

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:25 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:11 pm
Weltenlaeufer wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:39 pm
Feymous wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:01 am
I know I’m a little late to the party here, but….As soon as I saw the title of this challenge, a single little standing stone from my terrain collection came to mind and everything else was built around it. Long time forum members may recognize the source of inspiration. :D
/i]
Wow, thats a really nice, impressive setup!! how did you create this water/lake and where did you get this cool statue?
It's a Yansolo water sheet. More info and pics here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10982&start=10#p171677
Ahhh cool thank you! I ve been visiting his site before and saw that. Looks even better on the pictures here!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Weltenlaeufer wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:39 pm
Feymous wrote:
I know I’m a little late to the party here, but….As soon as I saw the title of this challenge, a single little standing stone from my terrain collection came to mind and everything else was built around it. Long time forum members may recognize the source of inspiration. :D
/i]
Wow, thats a really nice, impressive setup!! how did you create this water/lake and where did you get this cool statue?
It's a Yansolo water sheet. More info and pics here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10982&start=10#p171677
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Feymous wrote:

The lizardman priest nears the end of his jungle pilgrimage. This is his first visit to the ancient temple, but he recognizes the standing stone that announces its occupant: the All Frog. Inside the temple, the priest first approaches the alter with gifts of gold and gems. Offerings made, he petitions the All Frog. Fortunately, the All Frog is pleased with the offering, for those who earn the All Frog’s displeasure must face his temple guards.
That‘s really awesome. I‘m totally drawn into the scenery. Very nice combination of the different sets and pieces. :o 8-) :)
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

Weltenlaeufer
Orc
Orc

Post by Weltenlaeufer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:39 pm

Feymous wrote:
/i]

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:54 am

The All Frog!

Love it :)
Are we going to see Thar the Thunder Frog?

Cracking build Feymous, very much liking how you divide the woods from the temple complex.
Nice Skink and Slann action too.

Seems like you shop at the same pet store that we do ;)

Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Feymous
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Feymous » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:01 am

The lizardman priest nears the end of his jungle pilgrimage. This is his first visit to the ancient temple, but he recognizes the standing stone that announces its occupant: the All Frog. Inside the temple, the priest first approaches the alter with gifts of gold and gems. Offerings made, he petitions the All Frog. Fortunately, the All Frog is pleased with the offering, for those who earn the All Frog’s displeasure must face his temple guards.
Attachments
1 Welcome to the Jungle.JPG
1 Welcome to the Jungle.JPG (87.54 KiB) Viewed 330 times
2 Overgrown Temple.JPG
2 Overgrown Temple.JPG (108.52 KiB) Viewed 330 times
3 Symbol of the All Frog.JPG
3 Symbol of the All Frog.JPG (124.76 KiB) Viewed 330 times
4 Entering the Temple.JPG
4 Entering the Temple.JPG (121.73 KiB) Viewed 330 times
5 Offerings.JPG
5 Offerings.JPG (102.54 KiB) Viewed 330 times
6 Hail the All Frog.JPG