Pics from my 3.5 campaign

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Pics from my 3.5 campaign

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:38 am

We do not own any resin, so its cool to see some :)

Catacombs fitted the bill perfectly and look fabulous. Liking the Led and mummy action - nice work BP. Look forward to seeing more :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:36 am

kitenerd wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:19 pm
Miniature lots on eBay require patience and restraint... never get wedded to winning one unless you REALLY need it - you WILL over bid if you do

Use sniping software - figure out what you want to pay - put in the snipe bid and forget about it until the "You did not win" notice comes - once in 20 you will get a "You won!" and you know you got a good deal (i use EZsniper - but there are plenty)

My best successes have come from the "out of focus pile" minis lot - people hesitate because they cannot tell what is there... The lots that are well spaced and photographed (with all the rares up front and identified) never go cheaply

i do agree the salad days for almost all things on eBay were years ago - more garage sale and less chinatown at that point

other tips - put in your search term and select "used" - this cuts out retailers and gets you just resellers and people clearing out crap (they are the ones you want)

"auction only" gets rid of a ton of stuff too
This is so true. Back in the early days of DDM, I was super active, Buying, selling, trading, and even creating a price guide that a lot of folks used. I have thousands of transactions on EBAY, with the vast majority of them being buying minis. On key for costs to watch was and is shipping. Most folks if they were selling them individually would have a base shipping and an increment for each additional mini. (For example $3 +0.25 per extra) That meant grabbing a bunch from the same set of offerings/auctions became more cost-effective. Other folks did not give volume breaks and charged the same per each auction.

I got very good at looking at the clearance offering from folks who were dumping their collections and hoping to get some money and did not realize what they had. Many of the best deals I got were with But-it-Nows where the seller had decided that if they could get $50 bucks for those toys, they would be happy. I could scan the pictures or listing and quickly figure if that price was good or perhaps a great buy. I know I picked up a few offerings like that where the seller clearly did not realize what they had and was able to get a super bargain.

Later a few of the active sellers who offered individual minis were looking to clear out their stock and started to offer all of their slow-moving commons in large bundles, with low opening bids. I put bids on the all, and won a handful, and ended up with hundreds of some of those minis for a few cents apiece (spent way more on shipping for one seller since the boxes were so heavy). Over the years I have traded or sold off those minis some for a few bucks each. Minis have largely paid for all my DF tiles making the hobby very affordable. Now in fairness, I did spend a lot of time doing that, and if I had to pay myself even minimum wages for the thousands of net hours spent, ouch!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:58 am

pacarat wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:16 pm
zenako wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:01 pm
So which one is Eric??? :lol:
The one on the far lower left, not quite fully pictured...
I was going to point out there are a few half-bees in the picture, so I didn't know which one was really him. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:16 pm

zenako wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:01 pm
The one on the far lower left, not quite fully pictured...

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:19 pm

Miniature lots on eBay require patience and restraint... never get wedded to winning one unless you REALLY need it - you WILL over bid if you do

Use sniping software - figure out what you want to pay - put in the snipe bid and forget about it until the "You did not win" notice comes - once in 20 you will get a "You won!" and you know you got a good deal (i use EZsniper - but there are plenty)

My best successes have come from the "out of focus pile" minis lot - people hesitate because they cannot tell what is there... The lots that are well spaced and photographed (with all the rares up front and identified) never go cheaply

i do agree the salad days for almost all things on eBay were years ago - more garage sale and less chinatown at that point

other tips - put in your search term and select "used" - this cuts out retailers and gets you just resellers and people clearing out crap (they are the ones you want)

"auction only" gets rid of a ton of stuff too
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:28 am

Very cool. Catacombs is probably my favorite resin theme...

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:01 pm

Last edited by zenako on Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:41 pm

After reading that, I was trying to figure out how many prepainted minis I own. I think it's around 20 (?), but that's because last year I got those sharks and gators by a toy company. Before that it was 3, a bulette, wizard and a ghost.

I disagree that there is 'nothing good' on eBay.
I've had several GREAT purchases lately. Some of the best I ever won.

EDIT - Oops, I forgot about the two dozen Bees I have that were produced in color.
Bee Attack 18.jpg
Bee Attack 18.jpg (117.13 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:26 pm

zenako wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:10 am
Blue Prophet wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:24 am
I really need more painted figures, it just takes so long to paint.
Hence my thousands of prepainted minis from Wizards and Paizo on my shelves that are ready to go, and my many many hundreds of Reaper Bones still waiting for paint (I have painted a lot, there were just a awful lot more left..)

I wish I hadn't been so poor about 8-10 years ago when the D&D prepainted figures were going for about $1 per regular figure when in a huge lot on Ebay. There is nothing good there now.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:10 am

Blue Prophet wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:24 am
I really need more painted figures, it just takes so long to paint.
Hence my thousands of prepainted minis from Wizards and Paizo on my shelves that are ready to go, and my many many hundreds of Reaper Bones still waiting for paint (I have painted a lot, there were just a awful lot more left..)

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”