Lair of the Cyclops

THOTH
Orc
Orc

Lair of the Cyclops

Post by THOTH » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:18 am

Great set up and excellent use of the McFarlane dragon base!

On the question of very cool cyclops figures - I have bought a few from Heresy (though have yet to assemble them) - but highly recommended - and they provide several head/horn options...check it out -

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/hm030.htm

dudebird
Orc
Orc

Lair of the Cyclops

Post by dudebird » Sat May 16, 2009 1:05 pm

This set up wasn't used in a game unfortunately. I set it up just for fun, to play with making a hillside with a cave in it. There's no way the 3rd-5th level characters in my game would stand a chance against these denizens. As for late sessions, we only go late on long weekends. This weekend is a holiday in Canada so we'll probably have a nice long one tomorrow.

Harneloot, that is the monolith from that McFarlane dragon. I get so much use out of the bases for those things. Never used one of the massive dragons in-game yet though. Blair and I only give half XP, so our games tend to advance slowly. We've only ever fought two or three dragons in our adventures over the last five years of playing together, and they were only large young adults.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Lair of the Cyclops

Post by Harneloot » Sat May 16, 2009 10:39 am

Is that huge monolith with the orc on top - is that from a McFarlann dragon?

whitewind
Minotaur
Minotaur

Lair of the Cyclops

Post by whitewind » Fri May 15, 2009 9:58 pm

That is one fantastic set up. Must have been a great game. Did you get it all done in one night? I used to be able to pull all nighters but now am toooo old.

jkratzer
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Lair of the Cyclops

Post by jkratzer » Sat May 09, 2009 6:55 am

I don't know the make-up of your adventure party, but just off-hand, it looks to me like the only way they're getting past THOSE guys is a Time Warp and an A-10 strike, followed by an M-1 Abrams leading them into the cave!
Once they're IN the cavern, they're on their own (they should be able to handle things in there, IF they have a good mage), but getting that far is going to need MAJOR LEAGUE air and fire support!
Or else, the critter that the A-10 is named for, running in front of them. Have YOU ever seen an unhappy Warthog trotting along a game trail?
NOT something to stand in front of!

Dude, great setup, great cover story; between the pics and the captions, you had ME going!

dudebird
Orc
Orc

Lair of the Cyclops

Post by dudebird » Wed May 06, 2009 11:31 pm

Thanks y'all.

I'd been meaning to make a hillside with DF and this was my 1st attempt. The cave was an afterthought, but I think it works pretty good.

I got the smaller cyclops a few years back at Imperial Hobbies, my Friendly (Not So) Local Game Store in Richmond, BC. Most complete hobby store in these parts. Bought a lot of DF there, actually.

Here's a link to the smaller cyclops online, but it's sold out...

http://www.cinequest.com/product.cfm?si ... p%253D3237

Another player in our group bought the bigger one with two horns in the background during his 6 month tour of duty on a cruise ship and I'm not sure where it came from. It's even more awesome. A quick internet search turned up nothing. Sorry.

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Lair of the Cyclops

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Wed May 06, 2009 5:09 pm

me thinks....this adventure has only begun......

camoudragon
Orc
Orc

Lair of the Cyclops

Post by camoudragon » Wed May 06, 2009 9:51 am

very nice set up and the story rocks!!!

i also would be very interested where you got the cyclops from. i have a smaler (i think it is) version in lead but do not know where it is from. found him in a bits and pieces box and he needs a big brother.

have a nice day!

libertondm
Orc
Orc

Lair of the Cyclops

Post by libertondm » Wed May 06, 2009 9:26 am

Really interesting use of pieces. Thanks for posting.

uti long smile
Goblin
Goblin

Lair of the Cyclops

Post by uti long smile » Wed May 06, 2009 8:49 am

Great set-up! The side stacking of the curved cavern walls is a very clever idea - I'd not thought of that!

BTW - where did you get the Harryhausen Cyclops from? I've the larger vinyl 8" version (since destroyed by my kids), but I've not seen the smaller version before.

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”