First Game with DF

Feymous
Ogre
Ogre

Re: First Game with DF

Post by Feymous » Mon May 27, 2019 9:56 pm

William wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:35 am
BUMP - Her first go in a game. Just blows me away. :mrgreen: :shock: 8-) 8-)
Link to pictures.

Thanks for starting (using DF in your games), we hope you never go back (to white boards or graph paper). ;)
And she's now our DF Guru in the NW along with it's Master (you know, the founder and head sculptor. ;) ). Something must be happening up here?

P.S. - I miss seeing Keeblerorc around, must be busy... and Jason too.
Thanks for the bump William. Hadn't seen these pics in a while myself and enjoyed remembering this old game.

Always happy to run or host games for forum members in the PNW. If anyone is in the area or visiting and interested in a game feel free to PM me. We often have room in one-shots and sometimes short campaigns. Always enjoy meeting fellow gamers. :D

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed May 22, 2019 4:17 pm

This was a cool find.

Feymous, you need to do a blog so we can see your DMing and building skills and how they've grown over time! :D
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon May 20, 2019 6:35 am

BUMP - Her first go in a game. Just blows me away. :mrgreen: :shock: 8-) 8-)
Link to pictures.

Thanks for starting (using DF in your games), we hope you never go back (to white boards or graph paper). ;)
And she's now our DF Guru in the NW along with it's Master (you know, the founder and head sculptor. ;) ). Something must be happening up here?

P.S. - I miss seeing Keeblerorc around, must be busy... and Jason too.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

KacyCrawford
Goblin
Goblin

Re:First Game with DF

Post by KacyCrawford » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Wow!Amazing setup!

Feymous
Ogre
Ogre

Re:200Re:First Game with DF

Post by Feymous » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:10 am

Thanks Fu-Man Chu. I've really been enjoying the Pathfinder modules. Would love to see pics of your setup if you end up running this module.

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Beautiful set up! I'm running Pathfinder now, so I may have to steal these ideas to recreate this setup for the same mod!

Feymous
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Feymous » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Thank you very much jasdotcom, Shadox, swcorwyn, monkplayer, Stefan, dndgamer, and Kronos

@ Arcarius2001 - Thanks for sharing my setup. I'm excited that Ben liked it. I've admired many of the projects on his website.

@ Shadox - Thank you. Honored to receive a DYRTFW!

monkplayer wrote
Whatever you think up after a year of experience using DF will be amazing!
I hope so :) What I'm really looking forward to is achieving a large collection of painted minis and accessories (some guys on the forum seem to have accessories for every imaginable setup). At the moment it takes significant time and planning for me to complete a setup as I imagine it because I'm ordering and painting everything as I go.

Stefan wrote
and even better as it's modeled after a module which can also take some fudging if you don't have a really big collection...
Trying to recreate the module map was unexpectedly fun. It was very satisfying to find the DF pieces, accessories, and monster minis that fit each room. I'm sure larger dungeons will prove more challenging...but then there's always more DF I can buy.
Can't wait for our November game :)

@ Kronos - Glad you liked the setup. The trees are all Woodland Scenics. A Mix of Woodland Classics and Value Packs in 4"-6" sizes. They shed a bit, but I think that's pretty common for model trees.

Kronos
Ogre
Ogre

200Re:First Game with DF

Post by Kronos » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 am

Woot Woot! Amazing setup, Feymous! This is extremely well done and deeply inspiring. So many details! I love it. The ruins on the water tiles = epic win. This looks like an really great game. Thank you for sharing! :)

Where did you get the Trees? I'm thinking about getting a few new trees and these looks great.

dndgamer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dndgamer » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:16 am

Way to go! Excellent setup and use of different sets.
--Semper Fidelis

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Fri May 31, 2013 9:17 pm

I think most will agree that is one of the finest "first time" setups that we have seen on these forums...and even better as it's modeled after a module which can also take some fudging if you don't have a really big collection...fortunately, you have a pretty good sized collection:)

Fantastic!

Look forward to playing with you:)

I'd better make sure my setup passes muster....

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”