Cavern Test paint

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re:Cavern Test paint

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:17 pm

Oh, and who's tiles did you manage to hijack to do this? I know you were talking about it! ;)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Looks awesome! I like the more earthy tones! The only thing I see is the purple is popping more than the rest of the colors, so I might tone the color down a little there, but the color(s) of the stone is jaw dropping!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:58 am

I haven't decided if I'm going to do all of them the same. I really like the "underdark" paint jobs I've seen others doing. (Mostly because I'm a fan of Purples.) I've been experimenting on some Hirst Arts cavern pieces, which is how I came up with the colors I used here. My first test underdark piece wasn't visually interesting enough so I went with the browns. Since I'm running a game on Saturday, I wanted to have at least a couple of sets painted.

If I do decide to paint up an underdark set, I'll be sure to post pictures and another color chart.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Undel
Orc
Orc

Post by Undel » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:41 am

These are looking great. I particularly adore the beautiful colors on the backs and walls of the caverns.

Are you going to paint all your sets in this scheme, or split them into a variety of paint jobs?

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:18 am

LadySabelle wrote:

Thanks, Stefan. I am working on mushrooms, though I'm sorry to say I didn't get the lizardmen since my husband said I'd spent too much on Bones II minis and I wasn't allowed to get more. I had a lot of fun messing with colors. Here's the paint card of all the colors in these. The walls have between 8-12 different steps! LOL I know I'm crazy, and I only have 9 more sets to finish (plus add ons)

Thanks Lady,

In my intro video i said i was going to have fun seeing how some of you folks were going to paint your caverns and yours is one of my favs:)

Oldmanwillow
Orc
Orc

Post by Oldmanwillow » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Very cool! Thank you for posting the color chart!

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Thanks.

The first color is 3parts Pokorny Earth Stone, 1part Yellow Orchre (Americana) and 1part Medium Brown (craftsmart) and I was very heavy handed in the dry brushing this first color.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:22 pm

This is why I love that we can get it unpainted. Great paint job, you have a fantastic eye for colour. I'll be using yours as inspiration for mine when I finally can get around to picking them up from the border this week (crosses fingers). Thanks for posting the palette, too :-)
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Nicely done...

Like the earthy feel, the separation of the flowstone from the surrounding rock and the veins of gold. The use of color really makes the set unique. Great job!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by brvheart » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:19 pm

Looks great! I am sure better than my paint jobs will be.