Siege of the Sacred Spring

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Siege of the Sacred Spring

Post by GODofwar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:31 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:23 am
This is our type of setup and game, gorgeous terrain, wonderful minis and a narrative that rocks.
Fabulous setup Feymous :)

But we do have to say, some DreadHollow would look fabulous surrounding the Sacred Spring #justsayin
Feymous wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:54 am
From out of the fog the Spirit reveals himself and he is most displeased to find undead intruders in his home.
How do you say 'Oh crap!' in undead ?

I think its 'Crispy Critter'

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:23 am

This is our type of setup and game, gorgeous terrain, wonderful minis and a narrative that rocks.
Fabulous setup Feymous :)

But we do have to say, some DreadHollow would look fabulous surrounding the Sacred Spring #justsayin
Feymous wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:54 am
From out of the fog the Spirit reveals himself and he is most displeased to find undead intruders in his home.
How do you say 'Oh crap!' in undead ?
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Feymous' adventures are better than this layout - if that gives you any clues.

Wonderful, Feymous! Thank Spousal Unit for providing some impetus toward this creation...

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Feymous
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Feymous » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:40 pm

@ William - Thanks! Always enjoyable to see old posts pop up again as new people discover them.Alas, the fog layer was not a real-world effect and was photo shopped in after the fact. It was inspired by effects I have seen others achieve using dry ice in DF setups. Thanks for hunting down links. I was bummed to see that some links have broken and that pics have been cropped.

@ zoroaster100 - Thank you. Nothing special about the plastic I adhered the plants to. It's just bits of food packaging. I'm constantly hording random things for use in DF setups. :D I used the side of an iced tea bottle to create the waterfalls in the pic below. I used superglue to adhere the plants, but it left a white residue, so I'd probably try something different in the future.
Attachments
E Home.jpg
E Home.jpg (291.04 KiB) Viewed 7947 times

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zoroaster100 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Wow, indeed. I don't know how I had missed this until now. Feymous, this is indeed amazing and beautiful. Your creativity and attention to detail are inspiring. Thank you for sharing your set up pictures and the information on how you created it. One more question, if I may ask, can you share more about what clear plastic you used to attach those plants to and what adhesive you used to attach them? Those little plants add so much life, detail and realism to each set up!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:20 pm

.WOW Feymous,

I must have missed this somehow. I don't think I could add anything unique to the chorus of "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

Just Beautiful. :mrgreen:

Stefan needs to take a year off his KS's, so I can possibly scoop up a few of the Woodland sets.

After reading all the comments, nobody asked how you did the Fog Layer, it looks very cool.

I love this forum and these kinds of layouts are the key reason.
Darian could have rated this even higher. ;)

P.S. - I will try to hunt down and re-link LAW's threads from a page or two back. The links got lost in the shuffle, I guess? I'll just add here and delete this line when I find them. It's neat how adjustable these posts are now. Just keep adding/deleting, whatever you want..... :)

Thank you, soooooo much.
Last edited by William on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Feymous
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Siege of the Sacred Spring

Post by Feymous » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:38 pm

@ Endar & dndgamer - Thanks guys

@ TK 266 - A setup like this takes most of a day to complete, but that\'s with me being picky and changing a room a half dozen times before it looks just how I want it. :) I didn\'t use this particular setup for a game, but my players would probably clear a dungeon this size in an an evening of gaming. My game setups tend to have more rooms and fewer details (more function less form) and we clear them in one or two days of gaming depending on the mix of role playing vs. dungeon crawl.

@ Stefan - Reading your post made me smile. I appreciate the kind words, but the real thanks is all to you my friend! DF is steroids for my imagination...or maybe I should say crack ;)

jackattack wrote
Feymous, you have arrived
It does feel good to receive such words of praise, but the building is never done for a DF addict. :)

@Pojoh - Thanks and welcome to the forum. I\'m flattered that your first post is on my thread.

Pojoh

Post by Pojoh » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Just awe-inspiring. Great work, awesome detail.

dndgamer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dndgamer » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Feymous,

A true masterpiece! Thank You & are you anywhere near South Florida? I'd love to game with your group. ;-)
--Semper Fidelis

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:05 pm

I do believe this is a forum first.

Not only a very rare quintuple (!) YRTFW, but a triple Bravo! from Stefan himself.

Feymous, you have arrived.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”