Taverns & Caverns

thebigteacher
Orc
Orc

Re: Taverns & Caverns

Post by thebigteacher » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:33 am

The last battle we had in a boat our Dragonborn Paladin ended up in the water. Hilarity ensued.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:52 pm

So glad these are back. :o
Do more, do more, do more... :D
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:11 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:31 pm
At bare minimum, salvage the photos and recycle them for some type of gallery... the hive mind here could probably fill in the details of who what when and where as tags for those interested

I mourn that i will never again see IO's incredible 3 foot tall surface to bottom of the sea layout - or Rodenbach's Nautilus - and it seems incomprehensible that more recent work like all of Law's City Builder stuff is gone
There is space on the wikis for fan builds... post some there... plus there is a gallery available for each set. Go the set page and add photos. (You have to register to upload images).

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:31 pm

At bare minimum, salvage the photos and recycle them for some type of gallery... the hive mind here could probably fill in the details of who what when and where as tags for those interested

I mourn that i will never again see IO's incredible 3 foot tall surface to bottom of the sea layout - or Rodenbach's Nautilus - and it seems incomprehensible that more recent work like all of Law's City Builder stuff is gone
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:10 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:26 am
Yeah, i gave up on replying to the "Setups that Changed the Way You Play" thread, cause everything i looked for was gone...

such a tragic loss of so much creative work
Pictures of the cool stuff that can be done with Dwarven Forge product is the most important aspect of these boards. It is potentially the second best marketing tool, after Kickstarter, as it show the stuff in real action with tons of creativity. I'd think that preserving pictures would be the number one priority for this forum, any techincal changes would have to retain them.

I'm glad I copied over several threads worth of pictures of setups for my personal reference. They are not labeled properly or organized though. I didn't get everything either.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:26 am

Yeah, i gave up on replying to the "Setups that Changed the Way You Play" thread, cause everything i looked for was gone...

such a tragic loss of so much creative work
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:12 am

I'm bummed we've lost a lot of old Post Photos. :(
Time we all go fix our old threads again.

I see my old Coloseum (yes, I see I misspelled Colosseum) Thread still works. 8-)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5437
Looking through some of my older threads I see a few of the pictures are lost, not all just small portions of each post? Very odd.

These all seem to work, wphew :o
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5996
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5269&p=69495#p69495
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6042&start=30

Looks like we have lost 80% to 85% of the pictures in the "COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!" section.
I sure hope some of us have the old pictures. I know I have saved many of these older pictures, but I didn't categorize all the other forum pictures by member names. :(
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Taverns & Caverns

Post by zoroaster100 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:59 pm

Wow! I don't know how I had missed this when it was first posted. It is really awesome! The accessories themselves are wonderful and beautifully painted, but then beyond that the attention to detail in choosing them, with great color and style coordination and attention to minute details in miniature selection, painting and posing. A work of art! One question I have is, aside from where is my jaw down them somewhere on the floor! is where are those doors from? Especially the ones with the green curtains on each side.

Keeblerorc
Orc
Orc

Post by Keeblerorc » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:14 am

@ Feymous..... DOOM! TO your Storage Space!

;)
johnkeebler@charter.net
Keeblerorc on FaceBook

Feymous
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Feymous » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:11 am

@ Sorn - Thanks for the kind words. I doubt I will ever match to scope of your epic setups, but I do enjoy the details. Finding the perfect dungeon dressings for a particular setup is very satisfying.

@ Palliayn - Thank you. I suspect I will never tire of making tavern setups with DF, the same way I will never tire of having PCs start an adventure in a tavern. :)

@ jgardner44 - the gargoyles are WotC pre-painted minis. I touched up the paint and bases a little.

DrGerm wrote
If I took over our kitchen like that, it would be me on that alter with my wife hovering over me holding a butcher knife.
LOL. I am fortunate to have a husband who is extremely supportive of my hobby...good thing too since it's taken over almost all the storage space in our house.

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”