Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: DF village + custom tiles

Post by GODofwar » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Oldent wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:49 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:25 am

Her creativity lacks discipline and its a tough decision to try to reign it in or just let it flow and end up with Teletubby Orks.

I decided to let it flow as her wacky paint jobs are soooo entertaining.
Let it flow

Pink tanks and cleaning up glitter with a leaf blower are very happy memory's for me. I think Linda is still mad at me about that :lol:

My grandfather used to cut up scrap wood into blanks so we could make rubber band guns and boats. He always had laundry pins and rubber bands. The hand tools were in reach. The power was off in the shed so we could not use the table saw or joiner. ;) When he decided we were ready he showed us how to turn the power on, I used to take the bits out of the hand drills because small children did not have the hand eye or strength to install them. With all of the quick change and battery operated tools available today I do not know what to suggest.
Children should learn that tools can be dangerous but if you should respect that and learn to use them. Causing children to be afraid of tools makes the children weak.Children are different. I could trust one of the foster girls not to use the table saw when she was 5 but her brother may never have the discipline to use the table saw.I wish I had him long enough to teach him to drive :cry:
COncur. Our kids learned about guns and power tools at age 5.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except for KSV
WeaselWarGod

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:49 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:25 am

Her creativity lacks discipline and its a tough decision to try to reign it in or just let it flow and end up with Teletubby Orks.

Let it flow

Pink tanks and cleaning up glitter with a leaf blower are very happy memory's for me. I think Linda is still mad at me about that :lol:

My grandfather used to cut up scrap wood into blanks so we could make rubber band guns and boats. He always had laundry pins and rubber bands. The hand tools were in reach. The power was off in the shed so we could not use the table saw or joiner. ;) When he decided we were ready he showed us how to turn the power on, I used to take the bits out of the hand drills because small children did not have the hand eye or strength to install them. With all of the quick change and battery operated tools available today I do not know what to suggest.
Children should learn that tools can be dangerous but if you should respect that and learn to use them. Causing children to be afraid of tools makes the children weak.Children are different. I could trust one of the foster girls not to use the table saw when she was 5 but her brother may never have the discipline to use the table saw.I wish I had him long enough to teach him to drive :cry:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:25 am

Fantastic work Trent1098s and loving that your daughter is involved chivvying you along. Love the additional tiles to your DF village. Only one criticism - no minis to make it come to life, or destroy it, narrative depending ;)

Oldent high quality terrain from perceived low quality origin material - always an inspiration.

My daughter paints some minis - have you ever seen an English Breakfast Space Marine or a Bob the Builder in Mk VI Power Armour?

I am the Game and I want to Play

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:40 am

Arcarius2001 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:59 pm
I tried to use this pic to convince my 10 year old daughter to help out with painting. She will have none of it. Drat!!
Maybe she's at the age where you tell her she CAN'T paint, and then she'll say "you can't tell me what to do!" and paint your entire unpainted catalog.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:59 pm

I tried to use this pic to convince my 10 year old daughter to help out with painting. She will have none of it. Drat!!

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:08 am

GODofwar wrote:
Trent1098s wrote:Also the most important part is my daughter saw me working on these, started asking questions, and before you know it I had a helper!
First words out of her mouth Sunday Morning "Dad we going to finish up that farm?!"

"let me get some coffee, kid, then we'll see." :)

TRENT: YOur daughter is too cute by half. And a worker too?/ I hope you have her playing!
Love your tiles idea. 4x4 wood, drill, cut, sand, poof.

The Least Weasel

Trent, how old is she? Cuteness reminds me of my 6' + oafs at a younger, more wrestlable age...

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Est - especially Castle Builder[/
WeaselWarGod

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Runeweaver wrote:Oldent, those are awesome! Wish u were close by, we'd do some gaming! :D
Me too :!:
It would be fun

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:38 pm

Oldent, those are awesome! Wish u were close by, we'd do some gaming! :D

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:34 pm

Trent1098s wrote:Also the most important part is my daughter saw me working on these, started asking questions, and before you know it I had a helper!

First words out of her mouth Sunday Morning "Dad we going to finish up that farm?!"

"let me get some coffee, kid, then we'll see." :)

TRENT: YOur daughter is too cute by half. And a worker too?/ I hope you have her playing!

Love your tiles idea. 4x4 wood, drill, cut, sand, poof.

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:46 pm

The painted swamp tile. 8"by 8"

The painted alarm tile

Goblin King throne room