Ogre
Ogre

Re: Prepainted ice cavern?

Post by GardenDM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:02 pm

jgt4242 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm
ebrandeis wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 pm
Here ya go! Photo quality not so great....

ice corner.jpg
ice jumble.jpg
ice cavern.jpg
Thanks a lot! They seem so much less blue-ish than on astolat picture he put on earlier. I'm not sure...they seem to look great, but maybe I'll go with unpainted. CAN'T MAKE MY MIND ARRRRRRRRG!!! Most told me to go unpainted and paint them, but I know I won't paint them so if I get some unpainted they will stay unpainted...that's the thing lol...
I'm guessing the painted pieces posted by astolat had a blue wash or some other blue in the paint scheme.

My photos aren't great and may be off on white-balance, but I can state that they are pure clear in-person.

I also haven't gotten around to painting mine. I mostly buy painted, but bought unpainted for a few specific sets so that I can eventually create something specialized.

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm

ebrandeis wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 pm

ice corner.jpg
ice jumble.jpg
ice cavern.jpg
Thanks a lot! They seem so much less blue-ish than on astolat picture he put on earlier. I'm not sure...they seem to look great, but maybe I'll go with unpainted. CAN'T MAKE MY MIND ARRRRRRRRG!!! Most told me to go unpainted and paint them, but I know I won't paint them so if I get some unpainted they will stay unpainted...that's the thing lol...

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 pm

ice corner.jpg
ice corner.jpg (22.05 KiB) Viewed 1758 times
ice jumble.jpg
ice jumble.jpg (30.27 KiB) Viewed 1758 times
ice cavern.jpg
ice cavern.jpg (30.06 KiB) Viewed 1758 times

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 pm

ebrandeis wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 pm
Turns out I only bought the unpainted version. It's crystal clear.
Lol no problem, thanks anyways! Would I be asking for too much if I asked you a picture of your unpainted ice caverns? Like a close up os 2-3 pieces, nothing fancy.

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Turns out I only bought the unpainted version. It's crystal clear.

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:01 pm

astolat wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 pm
Hey, unfortunately I'm not at home right now so can't get a closer-up shot, but I recently took some pics (of new storage table) that happen to have the prepainted ice caverns in them, so just to tide you over until someone gets a closeup, here's a pic cropped so you get as much resolution as the image has:

2017-09-12 16.16.28.jpg

They're nice! It's kind of a basic paint scheme, but the transparency works so well for them that you don't really NEED to get fancy with them. I think if you actively enjoy painting and doing something cool with them, get unpainted, but I do like the painted ones.
Thanks astolat. They seem to look good actually, way less white than what the picture in the shop section would make me believe. Maybe I'll wait for them to get a new batch of prepainted ones (wich should come around new year I was told). Pretty cool...

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Hey, unfortunately I'm not at home right now so can't get a closer-up shot, but I recently took some pics (of new storage table) that happen to have the prepainted ice caverns in them, so just to tide you over until someone gets a closeup, here's a pic cropped so you get as much resolution as the image has:
2017-09-12 16.16.28.jpg
2017-09-12 16.16.28.jpg (126.96 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

They're nice! It's kind of a basic paint scheme, but the transparency works so well for them that you don't really NEED to get fancy with them. I think if you actively enjoy painting and doing something cool with them, get unpainted, but I do like the painted ones.

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:48 pm

ebrandeis wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:42 pm
I'll check mine tonight and try to post some pics since I believe I ordered painted...?
Big, BIG thanks ebrandeis. That could actually change my next order. If I like the prepainted version better I will probably wait until they get back in stock instead of buying unpainted ones right one...I would probably put something else in my order instead. REALLY grateful in advance! :D

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:42 am
I got mine in clear and plan to paint them in the fashion the Unclebilly did as he explained showed in a post here. Let me be clear I DO NOT PAINT, but these seemed so simple to get a much superior look that I was game to give it a go. I ordered the transparent teal paint he recommended and a bottle of the Pokorny white. I have already painted the underside teal and now just need to dry brush the tops. It really is easy (well, hoping the dry brushing is, haven't tried it yet, but it certainly seems so!) and will try and post some pictures when done. All this to say - the unpainted looks great, but it is super easy (even for me!) to do make them look even better!
I've seen what Unclebilly has done, but I want good pictures of the prepainted version. Pictures of sets on this website shop are never that good it seem. When I received a set I'm always astonished at the quality of it and how the pictures of the shop section don't do it justice. I wanted to have better pictures of the prepainted version for that reason...to see what they actually look like. Even the unpainted version has poor pictures compared to what I've seen of them elsewhere on the internet.

GardenDM
Ogre
Ogre

Post by GardenDM » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:42 pm

I'll check mine tonight and try to post some pics since I believe I ordered painted...?