Prepainted ice cavern?

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Prepainted ice cavern?

Post by Harneloot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:42 am

I got mine in clear and plan to paint them in the fashion the Unclebilly did as he explained showed in a post here. Let me be clear I DO NOT PAINT, but these seemed so simple to get a much superior look that I was game to give it a go. I ordered the transparent teal paint he recommended and a bottle of the Pokorny white. I have already painted the underside teal and now just need to dry brush the tops. It really is easy (well, hoping the dry brushing is, haven't tried it yet, but it certainly seems so!) and will try and post some pictures when done. All this to say - the unpainted looks great, but it is super easy (even for me!) to do make them look even better!

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:59 am

Bump! No one still has prepainted ice caverns pics to share?

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:05 pm

Well most peoples get them unpainted it seem. They look great crystal clear too I must say, but I'd like to have a good look at prepainted ones before buying one or the other.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:28 am

Wish I could help but all of mine are unpainted.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:39 am

I don't know. Thing is I get all DF tiles prepainted so at first I wanted to get my Ice Cavern sets prepainted too, but the photos of the prepainted one are not that great. Maybe I'm better getting them crystal clar, but having a side-by-side comparison or better pics of the prepainted ones would be cool.

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:40 pm

I wonder if you set the prepainted Ice Caverns on blue, teal, or aqua surface (construction paper or undetlight translucent lucite), does color suffuse the floor and walls the same as if you painted the bottoms?
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Prepainted ice cavern?

Post by jgt4242 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:49 pm

Did someone got some prepainted ice cavern set? I'd like to see side-by-side comparison of clear ice cavern and prepainted ones if someone have both. The pictures in the shop section of the prepainted ice cavern is not really convincing, but I buy all my DF stuff prepainted so I wanted to see them more clearly. Thanks.