The Shrine of Mielikki

Takeda
Goblin
Goblin

Re: The Shrine of Mielikki

Post by Takeda » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:50 pm

WhiskeyandPeaches wrote:The scene looks great - congrats! I have yet to experiment making any woodland settings, but it is a common adventuring setting that I need to tackle soon.

I'm not sure what was meant by flocked/static grassed the tiles? Is this permanently gluing the flocking on to the tiles, or is this a temporary process?
I did the tiles in a combination of static grass and clumb flocking. It's very permanently on there. It is a very time consuming process in order to let the Dwarven forge still come through. To help keep the grid I added Tufts which in turn added even more to the looks.

WhiskeyandPeaches
Goblin
Goblin

Post by WhiskeyandPeaches » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:56 am

The scene looks great - congrats! I have yet to experiment making any woodland settings, but it is a common adventuring setting that I need to tackle soon.

I'm not sure what was meant by flocked/static grassed the tiles? Is this permanently gluing the flocking on to the tiles, or is this a temporary process?

thebigteacher
Orc
Orc

Post by thebigteacher » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:19 pm

Well done! I have flocked/static grassed portions of tiles before but never wholesale. I will be stealing your idea and shamelessly passing it as my own.

Rodenbach
Orc
Orc

Post by Rodenbach » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:36 pm

This is pure genius !!! I love it !!!
More pictures and threads on my blog (Mostly in French)

Also check my DF Facebook page (Mostly in English)

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:01 am

Another agreement about the neat use of the grassy tiles!

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:51 am

The grassy tiles are fantastic. The whole scene looks awesome. Thanks for sharing!
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

Takeda
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Takeda » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Feymous wrote:Love this pic!! As others have said, the converted cavernous floors turned out great; beautiful and natural while still maintaining the grid. Keeblerorc's standing stone is awesome and you've created an amazing scene with it.

Was this part of a larger setup for a game or a diorama to show off these awesome minis and terrain?
It's actually act 3 of a module I'm running next month. One of my players went and got himself cursed and its one of thionyl places near the sword coast he has a chance of undoing the curse ;)

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:52 pm

:D very cool mossy stones!
Last edited by lostpict on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Feymous
Orc
Orc

Post by Feymous » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Love this pic!! As others have said, the converted cavernous floors turned out great; beautiful and natural while still maintaining the grid. Keeblerorc's standing stone is awesome and you've created an amazing scene with it.

Was this part of a larger setup for a game or a diorama to show off these awesome minis and terrain?

Takeda
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Takeda » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Blue Prophet wrote:That looks great. Seems a lot like what some have suggested for outdoor tiles from DF. I'm assuming that is static grass with occasional clumps glued to the Cavern floors. Keeps a natural grid and maybe not as smooth as a grass field, but very nice.
It's multiple static flocks along with various tufts. I have a set that is complete grass but it's boring looking on the table.The mountainous Mesa looks works for most of my campaigns.

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”