Invincibleoverlord's Photo Sets

Rodenbach
Orc
Orc

Re: Invincibleoverlord's Photo Sets

Post by Rodenbach » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Excellent !!! I also have a full collection of IO pictures. I will complete these with some of mine.

Oh, by the way, you were right, the Batcave setup was mine. You can find it here : http://aventuresen25mm.canalblog.com/ar ... 65152.html

The Alien Spaceship

Last edited by Rodenbach on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More pictures and threads on my blog (Mostly in French)

Also check my DF Facebook page (Mostly in English)

Feymous
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Feymous » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:47 am

Thanks for sharing Ski_!! (and thanks to Biowizard for motivating you to do so!)

It's great to see these old setups again. I remember many fondly from when I first discovered DF and others I'm just seeing for the first time. :D

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:40 am

Yes Please, does anybody know where Invincible Overlord has gone to?

last I ever remember is he came to Gen Con with his friends and they helped out at the Booth....nice guys from Florida if I recall right?

Oh, where art thou?

Come back to us!

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by arsthein » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:26 am

Ski_ wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:45 pm
Well-- that's the reposted combination of what I and @arsthein have (using his dropbox link)...
WOW... DUDE!!! you posted all of them?? that's a crazy amount of work! thanks to you!

GriffinTamer
Orc
Orc

Post by GriffinTamer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Wow, this is indeed an amazing resource. Thanks so much for taking the time to find & repost these.

(And thank you, Invincible Overlord, wherever you are, for all this creativity.) Does anyone know what became of him? Still alive and well I hope?

This here thread is a great example of how & why folks get excited about our hobby. Making dozens of imagined worlds come to life, and everyone sharing in the fun! :)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:31 pm
Thanks for the memory Zoroaster - its nice to have a bit more background/story on IO and all his amazing builds! (and Arcarius I surely hope not!!!)

edit- and thanks to ski for pulling and compiling all the pictures - may these never be lost again!
No worries mate. ;)
As long as I live :?: I will have copies of the pictures to post next time the Forum dies (twice so far).
Long live the genius of Invincibleoverlord. :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks for the memory Zoroaster - its nice to have a bit more background/story on IO and all his amazing builds! (and Arcarius I surely hope not!!!)

edit- and thanks to ski for pulling and compiling all the pictures - may these never be lost again!

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:42 pm

zoroaster100 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:32 pm
This sure brings back memories of some epic games! I had the pleasure of running the entirety of Dungeon Magazine (now Paizo) Shackled City adventure path for Invincible Overlord and other friends at his and his friends' Dungeons & Dragons house (a house they had dedicated entirely for gaming, painting miniatures, and storing their massive gaming and miniature collections). The game lasted almost two years of fun, and included many massive layouts of Dwarven Forge and other terrain and miniatures (not included in this awesome collection of photos). In between game weeks the guys loved to create these massive dioramas and photograph them to post on the Dwarven Forge site.

Invincible Overlord ran a fighter in that game. My favorite memory of his character in that game was when the party was being attacked by a large red dragon and seemed to be faced with certain doom. Mike had his fighter leap down on the dragon's back from a cliff when the dragon flew below him to attack the rest of the party, and he criticalled the dragon before getting mauled and burned to a crisp. His character died but the party survived, and eventually managed to have him raised from the dead.
That is so epic!!!
Do you know if the rumor is true that house had a fire and Mike lost his collection? I sincerely hope it is not.

zoroaster100
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zoroaster100 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:32 pm

This sure brings back memories of some epic games! I had the pleasure of running the entirety of Dungeon Magazine (now Paizo) Shackled City adventure path for Invincible Overlord and other friends at his and his friends' Dungeons & Dragons house (a house they had dedicated entirely for gaming, painting miniatures, and storing their massive gaming and miniature collections). The game lasted almost two years of fun, and included many massive layouts of Dwarven Forge and other terrain and miniatures (not included in this awesome collection of photos). In between game weeks the guys loved to create these massive dioramas and photograph them to post on the Dwarven Forge site.

Invincible Overlord ran a fighter in that game. My favorite memory of his character in that game was when the party was being attacked by a large red dragon and seemed to be faced with certain doom. Mike had his fighter leap down on the dragon's back from a cliff when the dragon flew below him to attack the rest of the party, and he criticalled the dragon before getting mauled and burned to a crisp. His character died but the party survived, and eventually managed to have him raised from the dead.

Ski_
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Ski_ » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Well-- that's the reposted combination of what I and @arsthein have (using his dropbox link)...

Enjoy :-)
arsthein wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:20 pm
Mukashi mukashi... many many years ago, when I was a lurker on the forum starting my DF collection, I used to save all the photos posted in the "Cool Photos" section of the forum. I still have all those I saved during those years.

They are almos 800 Mb though. I have them shared on zip files on dropbox. Most of them, but not all, are in folders with the name of the DFer that posted them. Invincible Overlord, Tom Baraban and L have their own .zip file (L! almost 300 Mb from you dude! I'm no longer sure if this is correct and all of them are yours...?).

The rest: BadgerMayhem, MyLordVoid, OtherWorld, Thod, LordAnhilus, Hawkmoon, Kronos, and quite a bunch more... are grouped on several .zip files alphabetically.

Surprisingly I see no Dudebird folder... can't remember why... may be I stoped saving them before his time?

Here's the link to the shared folder on my dropbox account. I think you need to log in though...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8e67rn2timtb ... 5r8ga?dl=0

By the way, before I forget, I should offer all my personal photos for the Tilesystem software while at it, I'll try to find the thread where it was discussed and put them there.
Thank you again @arsthein!

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”