Session One new campaign :::: The Onus

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Session One new campaign :::: The Onus

Post by dice4hire » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Had another session last night, the party getting into the museum.armory proper. They decided to go right from the main entrance and encountered the grey energy which will play a part later in the museum proper and met the avatar of the God of WAr who complimented their abilities and warned them to not get too greedy in the museum, saying that it had layered defenses based on power levels. This could be personal power levels or the power of items they take. He then mentioned the grey energy traps in the room that had badly hurt the party were the least of the room's traps and the only ones that would activate at their level or power. The party was suitably worried.

He then told them of the gauntlet of pain and told them that int he next room they should only use one exit to avoid more powerful traps from being activated.

The gauntlet was indeed painful, but with some nice checks and a bit of luck the party got through in pretty good shape, getting through three walls of energy, a spiked floor trap, a blade trap and a gout of flame.

Nah, not overkill at all!!!!!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol:
Onus Session 23 Entering the Museum proper.jpg
Onus Session 23 Entering the Museum proper.jpg (103 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
Onus Session 23 Metting the Avatar.jpg
Onus Session 23 Metting the Avatar.jpg (117.89 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
Onus Session 23  Gauntlet.jpg
Onus Session 23 Gauntlet.jpg (75.74 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
Onus Session 23 Facing the Gauntlet.jpg
Onus Session 23 Facing the Gauntlet.jpg (72.75 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
Onus Session 23 Gauntlet Over.jpg
Onus Session 23 Gauntlet Over.jpg (69.74 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:01 am

It did indeed go well. Next session next weekend unfortunately.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:05 am

Very nice d4h :)

Cracking mix of terrain, bet the players had a blast, the star of the night was clearly that massive green tentacle ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Had another session last night and the party was heading for the museum of the war god, or his armory of trophies rom the primordials inthe dawn war.

Outside the party met a hound of ill omen (represented by a Reaper gorgon) and defeated him by pushing him off his area of guarding, thus freeing him from his geas and setting him free.

Inside they met an Astral giant, who would not let them pass until they confirmed their intentions to work on the side of the gods. One character made a strong commitment to the missing goddess of magic, while the others made much more lukewarm pledge to the gods in general, but that was enough for the giant.

Following that they attempted to cross the bridge through the astral plane, braving swords that tried to knock them off, a center span that was illusory, and a pair of battle flags meant to make enemies adopt a "hey, whatever dude" attitude that would get them quickly killed in battle.

But they did it, and then got onto the stairs that lead through another demiplane willed with a kind of arcane good, part of which manifested into a large tendrail that did minimal damage before the party got past it.

The session ended with the characters standing epically on some stairs looking into the museum proper.
Onus Session 22 A.jpg
Onus Session 22 A.jpg (95.5 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Onus Session 22 B.jpg
Onus Session 22 B.jpg (88.69 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Onus Session 22 C.jpg
Onus Session 22 C.jpg (79 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Onus Session 22 D.jpg
Onus Session 22 D.jpg (80.16 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Onus Session 22 E.jpg
Onus Session 22 E.jpg (61.45 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Onus Session 22 F.jpg
Onus Session 22 F.jpg (63.67 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Onus Session 22 G.jpg
Onus Session 22 G.jpg (66.9 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Onus Session 22 H.jpg
Onus Session 22 H.jpg (92.09 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Onus Session 22 I.jpg
Onus Session 22 I.jpg (80.88 KiB) Viewed 1628 times

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 am

No combat rolls! Cool, that happens sometimes.

My campaign can vary from a non-stop 6 hours battle to capture a fortification to a day long series of investigations into the enemy. Current campaign has the PC's as part of an "elite strike team" behind enemy lines working on some missions they were given. The team was dropped off by airship (loosely based on Eberron Tech) and then watched as the ship was attacked and crashed once they had left it (and reduced its defenses a lot). Now they are working to support the All Light against the invading Ever Dark forces from the west (Using the Map of Khorvaire). The team has some muscle characters(Barbarian, Fighter, Paladin, Marshall), but also some stealthy sneaky types as well (Rogues, Bequilers and even Rangers). They have a range of Casters (Healer, Warmage and Cleric). Most of them are muticlass characters. Rolling a lot of dice can be fun, but setting up a lot of character world interaction can be just as much fun.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:38 pm

astolat wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:21 pm
I *love* your puzzle floors! I hadn't even thought of painting them as non-stone, but the metallic is amazing, I'm totally snagging that idea! :D
Thanks. I like the look also.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:37 pm

We had our session last night. After stuff like returning to school, new teachers and lost luggage. (Funny how an airline can fly baggage to Kansai airport when they cannot fly passengers there....... :ugeek: )

The pasty was recommended to go see a seer who supposedly had a great connection to an otherworldly source of knowledge and could answer a lot of questions. The cult in question believed they were the defenders and guides of the local barons in their area and allieds in his fight against the wilderness and were a whole 3-little-pigs house shy of a load of bricks. By parroting their nonsense the party was well received by the cult and talked to the seer.

Their three questions gave the party a lot of information about the future arc of the campaign and was quite successful, but unusual for our group in that .....

there was not one attack roll rolled!!!!
Onus session 21 Game A__.jpg
Onus session 21 Game A__.jpg (84.62 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
Onus Session 21 Game B__.jpg
Onus Session 21 Game B__.jpg (71.42 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
Onus Session 21 Game C__.jpg
Onus Session 21 Game C__.jpg (103.85 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
Onus Session 21 Game D__.jpg
Onus Session 21 Game D__.jpg (84.93 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
Onus Session 21 Game E__.jpg
Onus Session 21 Game E__.jpg (86.1 KiB) Viewed 1776 times

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:21 pm

I *love* your puzzle floors! I hadn't even thought of painting them as non-stone, but the metallic is amazing, I'm totally snagging that idea! :D

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:13 am

Yeah, they are for the future. Actually I got each of them for about a buck. They were intended to be erasers, but painted up easily.

I am getting the Lost World expansion and the two separate dinos from the latest Reaper KS in early 2019.

Then the dinos will appear in my game.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:42 am

Could not help but think 'Mousetrap'.

Cracjing build as usual d4h with your unique pain scheme - linking the humongous bridge. Gold pillars nice :) Swirly Whirly grave, spooky.

Shame the dinosaurs missed the cut for this adventure.....or did they?
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”